Here we go again......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again......

Michael is coming, or for some in Florida is here. Be careful and get out if you still can. It looks like most of the southeast will be affected. For those of us in the Carolinas the storm will be here and gone tomorrow as the storm is moving a lot faster than Florence did thus not leaving as much flooding behind. Hang in there folks and be safe. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by JRoberts; October 10, 2018, 08:09 AM.

Yeah, same thoughts and prayers from over here. They just now bumped the sustained wind up to 150 mph and it's 50 miles from Panama City. This one is gonna tear up EVERYTHING in the core's path, like a 30 mile wide tornado.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We have a good buddy in Panama City and we haven't heard but are hoping she got the heck outta Dodge. By the time it gets here it should be pretty much a nasty rainstorm like we get from time to time so not a big deal is expected. My heart goes out to those in Florida and those here who are still not weathered-in from Florence (there are more than you might think).

Dan

Comment

I'm wondering about bishir and Dave the Bartender too..........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          I'm wondering about bishir and Dave the Bartender too..........
          I texted with DTB earlier this week. He sounded busy in meetings getting the area prepared. I was going to reach back out to him tomorrow to see how things went.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            I texted with DTB earlier this week. He sounded busy in meetings getting the area prepared. I was going to reach back out to him tomorrow to see how things went.
            Thanks for the update!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Thanks for the update!
              Here is a quote from Dave:

"We did okay. Only canopies, limbs, and shed tin. Jenny has already taken some of the plywood off the windows. I hope to get home by Friday from the Emergency Command Center here in Tallahassee. Thanks so much we were lucky, all is well"

"Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes, it made a difference!"

I suspect Dave will be back on line as soon as he gets some extra time.

Comment

They are calling for three to five inches of rain here tomorrow between 11:00 am and 11:00 pm with winds of 35 to 50 mph. Not usually a whole lot to worry about but a lot of our low areas, swamps and creeks and such are still pretty full of water from Florence. The Cape Fear River has gone down to around normal, so I hope no major flooding tomorrow. Got our fingers crossed.

We are on grandbaby watch and need to be able to get out of town in a hurray to take care of the older grand daughter while Mom and Dad are busy with new baby brother.

Comment

Not much here past what would be a normal rainstorm. Fingers crossed for those more directly in the path of the storm.

Joe - good news on the Grandboy front! Grands are The Best!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Not much here past what would be a normal rainstorm. Fingers crossed for those more directly in the path of the storm.

Joe - good news on the Grandboy front! Grands are The Best!

Dan
                    We came through this storm in good shape. I think its path shifted to the west. My son lives in Clemmons and lost power. The small creek in his back yard was the highest that anybody in the neighborhood can remember. Raleigh has lots of flooding from what I hear. Nice thing is that when I got up this morning it was 55 degrees! Wow, is that great.

Comment

We NEED rain here!
                      Started burning in the stove, but boy! It's so dry out.
                      Backyard burning is banned. Still!
                      No mowing from 1 - 8 pm...

Comment

you need rain? we're still damp from last weeks deluge
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          you need rain? we're still damp from last weeks deluge
                          Greened up some yellow grass.. Not much. Dew is the main reason.
                          Stick a shovel in, dry 1/8" down.

Comment

Working...
                          X