Stance Of The Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance Of The Day

M/T Frontrunners and Sportsman. Looks like slicks. Just Right.Click image for larger version  Name:	SOD.jpg Views:	1 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	1218077

Of course the MoPar in me wishes he stuck to T-Bars and Leaf Springs. Super Stock Leafs FTW!
    Last edited by RockJustRock; October 13, 2018, 09:56 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

BTW I'm no "Patina Guy" but I DO like that the body panets are NOT perfect straight. One picture, I may go 1,000 words.

Comment

I was so afraid this was hy going to have a pic of a honda slammed with bvbthe tops of the tires all angled in 4 inches with 6inch wide tires doing there best to 9 inch wide wheels .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        I was so afraid this was hy going to have a pic of a honda slammed with bvbthe tops of the tires all angled in 4 inches with 6inch wide tires doing there best to 9 inch wide wheels .
        WOW - you got those guys out there too?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - you got those guys out there too?
          Everywhere. But look quick, because next week they're parked somewhere, can't afford another set of tires for it.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The new idea of hot rodding doesn't sit very well with me......oh, it has it's moments that are nice, but lights, tires sticking out of fenders and kazoos on exhaust systems just doesn't seem right. Or speakers that show off the vehicle's rattles either, for that matter. Call me old fashioned, I guess.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There's a fair chunk of "real" hotrodding in the newer stuff. It's just not as easy to spot as the typical idiot 'stanced' cars, or moron-modded stuff. They're out there, though!! It does seem that they're the minority, going for performance rather than appearances.

As far as the thing pictured in the first post? Looks like a trailer queen to me, not enough ride height to do complicated street driving like turning while braking. Far as that goes, doesn't look like it's got enough front end travel to set a wheelie down gently, so it doesn't say fast to my eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                As far as the thing pictured in the first post? Looks like a trailer queen to me, not enough ride height to do complicated street driving like turning while braking. Far as that goes, doesn't look like it's got enough front end travel to set a wheelie down gently, so it doesn't say fast to my eyes either.
                WOW - that seems a little harsh - but you do have the right to your own opinion (based on a single picture without any understanding of the underpinnings).
                I know my ride does very well in complex street driving activities and doesn't seem to rub the door handles in the corners.
                As far as doing wheelies on the street, alas much to my regret my wagon won't do wheelies.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                    Do they sell a kit to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                      There's a fair chunk of "real" hotrodding in the newer stuff. It's just not as easy to spot as the typical idiot 'stanced' cars, or moron-modded stuff. They're out there, though!! It does seem that they're the minority, going for performance rather than appearances.

It goes 10s. The guy claims he cruises it a LOT. Yeah, it's not Pro Touring so it won't turn. I just liked the wheel/tire combo and the photo work. Want to start another purty car thread. Another provocative thread title launched, Thanks Guys!

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1969-...&sf199449178=1

Oh yeah, if he'd have kept the T-Bars he could crank them up a bit just for YOU.
                      Last edited by RockJustRock; October 14, 2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

A NATURAL stance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	natural.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1218149

Comment

darn puter acting up again...disregard this post.
                          Last edited by fatguyzinc; October 15, 2018, 02:40 AM.

Comment

After a day's contemplation.... The Dart in the OP needs these.... Mess up the driveability for the sake of looks even MORE!

Name:	247-2043.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1218172.

Comment

Drag Illustrated. Race Only of course, but, too low?

Name:	low.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1218174

Comment

Working...
                              X