Moby Dick Update Att. McT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moby Dick Update Att. McT

The snowplow front bumper appears to be gone unless this is an old listing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mobydick.jpeg.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1218163

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Annnnnnd of course McT is moving on to bigger, better, more mainstream dreams with a Chevy. Why not a two door? Why no Lohnes reference? Why even ask?

Name:	s-l16.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1218169

Comment

I think McT needs to create a new category of build where the cheapest piece is the starter car!

Comment

Cowl scoops on Mopars make me face-punchy angry. There are so many choices out there that a cowl scoop is beyond lazy and unimaginative.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

1970 Road Runner

Name:	rr.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1218227

Non=functional, but it WAS where the motor callout went in 1970.

Comment

I stand by my previous statement....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I've never understood why they had to paint them wild colors and add all sorts of non-functional appendages (Daytona comes to mind) in an attempt to cover up their poor styling and sell them.............they had the best motors available...........
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                I've never understood why they had to paint them wild colors and add all sorts of non-functional appendages (Daytona comes to mind) in an attempt to cover up their poor styling and sell them..
                Them thar's fightin' words buckaroo!

Comment

Wrong make or even era scoops are a pet peeve, but there was SO much wrong with Ol' Moby I was tickled to see the bumper back on. Plymouth screwed the pooch so badly there for a coupla years on styling. Losing the lift off fiberglass on six packs and putting them anywhere a big block could be RUINED that package. SO much special about the '69 cars all the way down to the rods. The AARs and T/As would have been so much better packages with more specialization like a lift off hood too. Then there was the '70 Super Bee Ugliest MoPar EVER! Sorry DF!
                  At first I was not a fan of E-Bodies particularly Cuda. The Challenger had better brand ID and the extra wheelbase didn't hurt. THen Ronnie and Buddy got their hands on the new fish and love blossomed.....

Name:	sm.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	1218236

Comment

Hahaha......somewhere I read that MOPAR guys were just short of militant..........hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ ............they still had the best motors available.

For your perusal.....
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 15, 2018, 09:38 AM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Actually what grates ME most about Moby is the missing fenderwells. Direct Connection specifically stated do NOT race our cars with a stock K member and no fenderwells. they are HEAVILY stressed structurally. Not sure what was done with the K-Member or rails, but front down tubes to the cage are needed, even if it means remounting the blower. Plus it rides too high for anything newer than 1975. Like I hoped to imply though one step closer to being a swan, but still a duck..

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        Actually what grates ME most about Moby is the missing fenderwells. Direct Connection specifically stated do NOT race our cars with a stock K member and no fenderwells.
                        Not so much that they are heavily stressed as they are part of the whole fricken structure. They just aren't fender wells, they provide rigidity to the whole front of the car.

Although, when your car weighs as much as a Fletcher Class Destroyer, with full fuel, munitions load and crew....then you gotta shave weight somewhere....I'd start with the bumpers and probably front down tubes......

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          I've never understood why they had to paint them wild colors and add all sorts of non-functional appendages (Daytona comes to mind) in an attempt to cover up their poor styling and sell them.............they had the best motors available...........
                          Wing cars? Non-functional? C'mon, if you want to pick go for the VINYL, tops that is. Mod Toppers and White Hat Specials. White vinyl in GENERAL. MoPars weren't perfect, but starting with the drivetrains wasn't a bad idea. I remember my brother-in-law, a Chevy salesman who went on to owning one of the largest GM dealerships in New England getting SO pissed in the 70s about people begging for bright purple Chevelles. .

Anyway, what are your feelings on Ramblers?

Name:	ramb.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	1218245

Name:	bbj.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1218246

Comment

Ahhhh...... "The Big Bad Javelin Package". Don't see THOSE at Barret Jackson, do ya? Rare as raw steak I'll bet. Now THAT is a spoiler! (young uns it's on the ROOF!)
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; October 15, 2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Machines and SC/Ramblers get me all warm and tingly in the nether regions...

I find this to be one of the more silly offerings from Ma Mopar...The interior was frighteningly obnoxious....

Or from AMC

the Levi Gremlin - hope you like blue...so much blue...how much blue? All of it!

Even Chevy got into the lame-o, gimmicky appearance game - Anyone ever see the "Spirit of America Nova"

I knew of one...It sat under a tree in a yard forever, then one day it didn't. The unique feature that that particular car had was the "roll back" roof option.

Comment

Working...
                              X