No announcement yet.

Moby Dick Update Att. McT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda liked the Metropolitan........even the ones with Hudson badging.

This one is in San Marcos, TX....

Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 15, 2018, 10:44 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

My wife wants one...I'd love to find one in decent shape what I could add a modern EFI 4 popper to....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        I kinda liked the Metropolitan........even the ones with Hudson badging.

This one is in San Marcos, TX....

Nash's are rare but VERY chic in L.A. Celebrity sh*t.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Why do they always take the glamor photos of cars with mountains in the background? Like, the part of the country where you have to run lots of smog control crap to begin with?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Another White Car.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1218257

I'll take $234,000 for Red, as is, no spare parts. Come get him. Anybody who wants him. he ain't all that fast, but he's peppy. Clear title.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            My wife wants one...I'd love to find one in decent shape what I could add a modern EFI 4 popper to....
            Here ya go Joe....

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Machines and SC/Ramblers get me all warm and tingly in the nether regions...

I find this to be one of the more silly offerings from Ma Mopar...The interior was frighteningly obnoxious....

Or from AMC

the Levi Gremlin - hope you like blue...so much blue...how much blue? All of it!

Even Chevy got into the lame-o, gimmicky appearance game - Anyone ever see the "Spirit of America Nova"

I knew of one...It sat under a tree in a yard forever, then one day it didn't. The unique feature that that particular car had was the "roll back" roof option.

I see you with your Hang Ten Dart and Spirit of America Nova and raise you with a pair of Vegas, Millionth and Cosworth.

Name:	milly.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1218261

Name:	cosworth.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1218260

Actually the MoPars to HAVE for a bit were the Dart Lite and Feather Duster. Lotsa lightweight aluminum stuff. THen just in time for NOBODY to give a sh*t they brought out the Aspen and Volare, lighter than either one and of course mass produced. No worries though, Chrysler went on to do the ultimate non-performance cars the Prowler and PT Cruiser. Find your own pics.

Comment

A Call Out and Malaise filled new thread, McT will be giddy over THIS!

Comment

my mom has one she was given by her dad....
                  I love my parents dearly but there are things in both of their collections that will be the first gone from their estate.... that Metro is one of them (her state plate collection is the other, however, I have special plans for those....'pull!')
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

my mom has one she was given by her dad....
                    I love my parents dearly but there are things in both of their collections that will be the first gone from their estate.... that Metro is one of them (her state plate collection is the other, however, I have special plans for those....'pull!')
                    Eh, I think with modern underpinnings from a small import, esp in convertible form with a turbo and a 4 banger, it could be a fun little car. She loves pink so I'd do it in a pale pink and white with matching interior. Of course a full rewire would be required....It'd be a neat little commuter with the right kind of parts.

She really likes the 1960 - 1964 Studebaker Champ pick-ups....you priced one of them effers recently? Christ on a cracker, you'd think they were made of gold with basket cases going for 6K around here.

Her name is Carmen and I had always wanted to do a little Karmann Ghia vert for her. The cost of one of them effers is insane now too! But, with a Porsche engine and wheels and a tidy little interior, it would fit her personality perfectly...

It all comes down to time and money...neither of which are in ample supply now or in the foreseeable future so...it's all bench racing and dreaming.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      A Call Out and Malaise filled new thread, McT will be giddy over THIS!
                      Actually, I'll be over here rolling my eyes as I dredge the Internet looking for new shit to write about. Though I will agree on one thing: if that is a new picture of the Three Hundred, glad to see someone put a factory bumper back onto it.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post

Actually, I'll be over here rolling my eyes as I dredge the Internet looking for new shit to write about. Though I will agree on one thing: if that is a new picture of the Three Hundred, glad to see someone put a factory bumper back onto it.
                        Plus isn't $13K a LOT less than it was priced at before? You could even be a player at THAT price!

The Lil Red that Streettside is selling is nice except the Wheel/Tire Package and exhaust system are badly done.

$23K seems a LOT less than a BJ price would be.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post

Matchbox restorations... be careful, though, it derails pretty quickly
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                          X