No announcement yet.

Weeville Aquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toys are to play with and have fun, tools are for doing work. Whenever girls give guys a hard time about buying car junk, tools, guns, etc. Just explain to them that it is like them buying purses and shoes. Usual, that's the end of the conversation.
    Church!
    Last edited by studemax; October 16, 2018, 05:11 AM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Toys are to play with and have fun, tools are for doing work. Whenever girls give guys a hard time about buying car junk, tools, guns, etc. just explain to them that it is like them buying purses and shoes. Usual, that's the end of the conversation.

Well, Unit never buys herself anything. She's zero maintenance. And I even tried to explain how the pool table is a tool as well. Of course it is. It's a tool for entertainment purposes.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You can make a lot of money with a pool table with a steady hand and a smooth stroke.

Is that Andy in his Hellcat on the Blog today?

Can't wait to hear about all the money coming in from the lube jobs. The waste oil will do a MEAN number on all that grass and weeds too!
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Toys are to play with and have fun, tools are for doing work. Whenever girls give guys a hard time about buying car junk, tools, guns, etc. just explain to them that it is like them buying purses and shoes. Usual, that's the end of the conversation.

You've never mentioned you wife... I think I know why

From my observation and experience with 2 wives, my hypothesis is: ration and reason are like water off a duck's back in an argument with your wife. Bring up the shoes and the fight will truly and forever begin.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 16, 2018, 09:58 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It must be all to do with the charm of delivery ...

Comment

It must be all to do with the charm of delivery ...
              Or inability to hear her response.... I'm going with deafness.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                Well I know what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday, ice'em down Peewee!
                Okay, NOW we're talkin'.......here we GO. You ain't here yet? Nope, not yet. I'll start without ya.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010383.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1218344

Comment

This thing didn't come with the first word of instructions. Not a scrap of paper in all three boxes how to put the thing together. I already pretty much know from watching two videos about it, but some of the fittings require pipe doping and some do not. Perry.....are you here yet?

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010384.JPG Views:	1 Size:	68.1 KB ID:	1218347
                  Last edited by pdub; October 16, 2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    This thing didn't come with the first word of instructions. Not a scrap of paper in all three boxes how to put the thing together. I already pretty much know from watching two videos about it, but some of the fittings require pipe doping and some do not. Perry.....are you here yet?
                    Any fitting that seals on a taper DOES NOT get pipe dope. Anything that seals on threads does get doped. I like RectorSeal, from back in my plumber days. One of the hallmarks of an amateur job is pipe dope on the threads of a tapered seal fitting. If you have a leak in a tapered seal there's something wrong and it needs checking out - sometimes a little more tightening and I've even had a couple of times where I had to replace the fittings. It is NOT, however, fixed by doping up the threads!

EDIT: I can't tell from your pic but sometimes there is an O-ring which sometimes is inside a washer to retain it. Those are most often tightened against a machined surface like the body of the pump. If you see O-ring kinds of things you'll need to watch the videos again and check where they go - or there might not be any.

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; October 16, 2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

I think I've got it, ready to run/bleed. They said 2.5 quarts in the video, of course I overfilled it, ATF everywhere.

The bleed process - one video said run it up a little bit a few times and then bleed the cylinders. Another video, the guy opened the bleed before he ever ran it the first time. Ran it until juice came out....THERE.....filled. Hmmmmmm.....

Comment

My mind is wrestling with the images, concepts..... The idea of a lift is avoiding creating the ATF pools. So here is PeeWee scrubbing up ATF after installing a lift to work on his car with a stick, that he had vowed to never work on again....

I need another nap. NOTHING is making sense on here.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

I need another nap. NOTHING is making sense on here.
                          But NOW we have the entire engineering staff together. We can figure this whole thing out, we will not be defeated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010385.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1218375

Comment

Well as long as nobody comes up with a Home Dyno you can order online WeeVille is safe for a while.

Comment

Here we go. HUGE success.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

You've never mentioned you wife... I think I know why

From my observation and experience with 2 wives, my hypothesis is: ration and reason are like water off a duck's back in an argument with your wife. Bring up the shoes and the fight will truly and forever begin.
                                I told my second wife to look at the car in the garage. I told her it was here before the first wife and it's here after the first wife, then asked her if she got the picture. She did and hasn't said a word in 16 years.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Working...
                                X