Quality Time Spent Phishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Time Spent Phishing

I like looking at the junk email folder. I think we should all better at least look,sometimes some important stuff goes into there. Honestly, it gets mis-routed.

But it's funny.... "peewee, you are about to DIE if you don't click on this." "peewee, your account is going to get cancelled if you don't...." "Honorable One, we have depisout to mak to yoore account bank, ples contat us... urgant."

I guess some folks actually fall for that. And when you hover the mouse pointer over the sender line, it's from [email protected]

So I report them. Click, phishing. But where do those reports go? I mean, who wants that job? 3 million phishing reports coming by every 10 minutes. Talking about being behind on the job......
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

It's like emptying the sea with a spoon.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I thought that, but it does work. My email address I've used for decades now - and it would be utterly full of crap if I didn't, on occasion, send 'phishing' reports to Microsoft. They then go away - if only I could get my cell phone company (who I pay vs. free email account) to be as good at blocking the "you've won an all expense paid trip to somewhere"....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We actually had an email show up at work that was an offer along the lines of, "For $10, I'll quit spamming you!" I was tempted to reply back by asking him to list the subject lines of the last 10 spam emails we received to prove it's him.
        Last edited by Matt Cramer; October 17, 2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
          We actually had an email show up at work that was an offer along the lines of, "For $10, I'll quit spamming you!" I was tempted to reply back by asking him to list the subject lines of the last 10 spam emails we received to prove it's him.
          Turns out, it's not just the computer. It's the land line, too. Today it rang, we never answer it, it's always 100.1% junk. The answering machine picked it up. Dang, that's President Trump, just talking away. It's nice he should think of us all the way down there in little ole Tennessee. So he's talking and I picked up the phone. I kept trying to interrupt him so I could ask him a question, but he just kept on talking like I wasn't even there.

Comment

Hmmm?? My phone NEVER rings.. Last 2 weeks it's been ringing 2-3 times a day. Of course it does NOT get answered. Even if my kids are right there!
            Me deaf, no use hearing phone!
            Had a clerk ask for my nbr, Said I got no phone.. What's that in your pocket? Computer and text. No phone..

Comment

Samsung Inc. Just E-Mailed me. My new free Galaxy S9 is ready.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                Samsung Inc. Just E-Mailed me. My new free Galaxy S9 is ready.
                ...because they can't "give" them away.

Unit's brother "won" one of those. And then he "gave" it to us. We "gave" it to the landfill.

Comment

And now I bet you'll tell me the Govt. only gets pennies of this, it's a bad deal and the vendor is getting filthy stinkin' rich.. You CYNIC. You don't deserve an entry to the PCH giveaway!

Click image for larger version  Name:	bat.jpg Views:	1 Size:	164.4 KB ID:	1218812

So THIS is the kind of thing they are dumping Schumacher for....

Happy Veteran's Day Bros.!
                  Last edited by RockJustRock; October 21, 2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Happy Veteran's Day Bros.!
                    We've got just about that many batteries in our kitchen closet. And they'll be dead before we ever use them all. Or we will be (dead).

But let's re-visit the Samsung Galaxy. You'd better go get that thing since they are offering it, those are rare. Just like a fruitcake rare. There was only one fruitcake ever made. Nobody's ever eaten it, they just keep passing it around, giving it to other relatives at Christmas. Re-gift. And taking photos of it. Ohhhhh THANK you! That fruitcake is rumored to be over 300 years old. It won't ever go stale. Not that anybody would know if it actually DID go stale.

Comment

Is it a nutty one?

Comment

Working...
                      X