Go buy a lottery ticket, lady!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go buy a lottery ticket, lady!

Word is that this happened on I95. Woman driver walked away. The pucker would have sucked my underwear up so deep I'd need a team of butt surgeons to remove them from my ass after that...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

lucky lady... though I think she should never play the lotto because she used it all up right there.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Holy crap.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

'Bout took her head off ! And maybe so fingers !
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Imagine riding a motorcycle and that thing comes whipping towards you....
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

On the positive side, she got a free sheet of plywood. (Ya gotta look on the bright side......). Seriously, glad she's OK and whoever secured the load should be gelded.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              On the positive side, she got a free sheet of plywood. (Ya gotta look on the bright side......). Seriously, glad she's OK and whoever secured the load should be gelded.

Dan
              Never made a mistake in your life, Dan? If the boy-scout-failure did it on purpose, I'd agree - but honestly I'm getting a lot tired of gross retaliation for minor accidents.... and yeah, I'm a lawyer who chases ambulances....
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wow! That is a really wide breakdown lane, especially for a concrete barrier divided highway!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Wow! Talk about your lucky days! Where in I-95 did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Never made a mistake in your life, Dan? If the boy-scout-failure did it on purpose, I'd agree - but honestly I'm getting a lot tired of gross retaliation for minor accidents.... and yeah, I'm a lawyer who chases ambulances....
                    Minor accidents? Would she have to die, before you thought it was major?
                    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

That right there is the "anomaly." If you dwell on stuff like that and let it become a part of you, we'd all be too scared to get into the car and make a trip to the grocery store.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

That reads more like insurance defense lawyer reasoning. Most of the pirate lawyers want to inflate every minor scratch and bobble into something that ought to be "punished" with jury awards bigger than the Somali gross national product.

I'm guessing Mr. Plywood Flyer has minimum SR-22 liability coverage and is "judgment proof". . . maybe the lady will get a new windshield (which is better than the ZERO compensation I got the last time some hopped-up, illegal "guest worker" mope crashed into my old pickup . . . . .)

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post

Minor accidents? Would she have to die, before you thought it was major?
                          Wouldn't it have to be a spectacular death? Ordinary death is SO passe'.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            On the positive side, she got a free sheet of plywood. (Ya gotta look on the bright side......).
                            Yeah but it doesn't look like a new sheet . . . .

Reckless endangerment for sure.

It does remind me of the time in the long distant past when I bought a sheet of some sort of plasticized 1/4" thick Masonite to reline a mobile home bath (college student housing) . . . I had the idea that "we" (my conspirator and I ) could hold the 4'x8' sheet on the top of my '69 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ for the ten mile trip from the lumber yard (none of that fru-fru indoor Lowes/Home Depot stuff back then, BTW).

We did have a safety cord . . .one tiny bit of twine that looped through the hardtop.

I pulled out and punched it . . . The Masonite tried to go Wright Brothers on us and about ripped my arm off.

While we never lost the sheet, the stupid 5 mph trip made our arms hurt for a week. And there were innumerable moments when the Masonite wanted to slip the surly bonds of Earth (with apologies to John Gillespie Magee Jr.)

Ah yes, the insane confluence of youth, ignorance and inexperience . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                              f you dwell on stuff like that and let it become a part of you, we'd all be too scared to get into the car and make a trip to the grocery store.[/FONT][/SIZE]
                              Shoot..........I am scared to go INTO the grocery store. Coming out poorer is only half of the fear, the other "shoppers" make my bunny slippers want to run for cover!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X