Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Consider Helping a Friend of Mine (for sale stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Consider Helping a Friend of Mine (for sale stuff)

I've mentioned the Sanders family on here before - they had a HUGE influence getting Young Dan interested in the high performance world. Larry is the Sanders kid in my graduating class from Milford High and a good friend. He, sadly, has Lewy Body Dementia (sort of like Parkinson's only worse) and, among other things, his wife is trying to clear out all of his hot rod bits as he'll never be able to mess with cars again. I posted the BBF he built just before he lost his ability to do so (finished by a good friend) and that's been sold to someone in NC (not me - it has spark plugs). Anyhow, Pam (his wife) has come across the trio of Carter ThermoQuads pictured and would like to move them to a new home.

Two of them seem to be the basic type while one has a solenoid-looking thing sticking out the front - I think that one is computer controlled and probably only good for parts (those, basically, did not work). Anyhow, she's asking $50 for the set plus shipping though I'll wager she'd consider offers. I know guys run them so SOMEONE must have a use for them. They're located in Sparta, TN so if anyone is in that neck o' the woods they could, of course, pick them up in person.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1862.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.6 KB ID:	1218458

And another pic showing the solenoid thingy:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1861.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1218461

If you can't use them please pass the info along. They really need to clear stuff out and it'll help pay for Larry's care.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; October 17, 2018, 02:35 PM.

I sold a few of those on ebay a few years ago. I think the $50 price is about right...for all 3....

very limited market for them, but ebay lets everyone who's looking, find them.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

She was thinking $50 for all 3. Are they required in some NHRA stock classes if you're running a MOPAR? I was thinking that might be the market.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; October 17, 2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I think Dulcich is very fond of those........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
          I think Dulcich is very fond of those........
          I'll try to raise him on FB.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            very limited market for them, but ebay lets everyone who's looking, find them.

Comment

Working...
            X