Hey, Here's a Deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Here's a Deal!

This from my friends in Sparta, TN. And the price is right!

https://www.lsn.com/parts-accessorie...jgOExvf7L6eHiU

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; October 30, 2018, 08:55 AM.

I'll go pick that up and swing by your shop and we can gut out Red's trunk and we can use some sort of transfer case like on Roadkill to add that to Red's drive train and then Red will be able to run in the AA class and probably go slower!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      I'll go pick that up and swing by your shop and we can gut out Red's trunk and we can use some sort of transfer case like on Roadkill to add that to Red's drive train and then Red will be able to run in the AA class and probably go slower!
      That is a 5.0. Bigger than Red..

Comment

The Ford 300 six is a KILLER engine and makes big, reliable power. Not sure what Larry had in mind for this one but it's a damn shame that he's no longer able to turn this into whatever he was planning.

Dan

Comment

Okay, pants down, I've never been aware of a six that big. What would be a good application for it? What would it fit?
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Okay, pants down, I've never been aware of a six that big. What would be a good application for it? What would it fit?
            In many industrial machines.. F-100's and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

In many industrial machines.. F-100's and more.
              Torque motor....needs the right gear to see full potential.... Working on a plan for a 5 liter inline engine for the 32 Chevrolet...will definitely have at least a 5 speed, probably a 3.42 rear, with a 29 inch tire...GMC actually made a 478 cubic inch 6, but, it was a V6 for heavy duty trucks...
              Last edited by silver_bullet; October 30, 2018, 10:11 AM.
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Anchor for a mooring ball . Sorry folks I'm just not a 6 lover . If they have over head cams like the 4.2 in trailblazer and the 270 horses or so , it would help . I remember the one in my dad's 76 or so with a 3 on the tree . That thing rattled 1/3 of the time ( spark knock ) and it was carved so the outer cylinders were lean or the inboard cylinders were rich. Wouldn't probably be half bad fuel injected .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My plan is to use a dual carb intake....eliminates the lean condition on1+6 cylinders....torque curve as flat as a pancake and only asks for more gear....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

Anchor for a mooring ball . Sorry folks I'm just not a 6 lover . If they have over head cams like the 4.2 in trailblazer and the 270 horses or so , it would help . I remember the one in my dad's 76 or so with a 3 on the tree . That thing rattled 1/3 of the time ( spark knock ) and it was carved so the outer cylinders were lean or the inboard cylinders were rich. Wouldn't probably be half bad fuel injected .
                    Had several 6's that surprised people.. They are very good stock down low.. I adaptered up to a small Rochrster 2 barrel. Works good but the intake is always a limit.. The 77 chev is the worse one. Older ones are pretty good..
                    With breathing, intake-header-carb and ignition they do good.
                    A 66-67 Malibu around here had a built 250/4 speed and could pop wheelies on take off and 1-2 shifts

Comment

Working...
                    X