Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son's 85 vette . Well that didn't last long .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son's 85 vette . Well that didn't last long .

Just too much fun . I think he had it 9 months . Time for another engine .

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	1220169

Name:	
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	1220170
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

This gives an opportunity for father/son bonding! He'll treat it better if he has equity (sweat and otherwise) in it. But you know that......

Dan

Comment

Time for an LS swap?
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Exhaust off

Name:	
Size:	863.8 KB
ID:	1220178
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I know that if I wait for any sweat out of him it will never get done .
          Last edited by Dan Barlow; November 3, 2018, 02:37 PM.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

What's the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              Time for an LS swap?
              L31 92 350 Chevy truck engine . Theoretically he's losing 25 or 30 horses . But it will be a roller motor and it came out of a grand pa pride and joy chevy truck that a friend is putting a circle track race motor in .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                What's the plan?
                This is my youngest son's car so as far as I'm concerned , I just want it running with the above mentioned truck engine so I get the wife's truck back to drive for the winter or till I get my 350ed 5speed S10 going .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Used getting the C brace loose from the diff as an excuse to buy 3 more sockets for two of my home sets . So now my 3/8 sets hit 21 mm .Yeah , big tool box at work too . The boys are going to make out pretty good tool wise when I kick to bucket .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

What killed it? They don't last forever you know
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post

This is my youngest son's car so as far as I'm concerned , I just want it running with the above mentioned truck engine so I get the wife's truck back to drive for the winter or till I get my 350ed 5speed S10 going .
                      You're starting to sound like me.....IF I can accomplish "X", then I can do "Y" before moving onto something else.....and somehow every time I think I've gotten "X" done and start on "Y", "X" needs more attention. It seems like an old country song, "Three steps forward and two steps back." It's a viscous merry-go-round of need-to-get-done.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

There's forward steps???!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          There's forward steps???!!
                          In the song yes, in my world there's just lateral steps to another project that's fighting back. It's as if I have the Newton's Laws of Motion of projects and I haven't been the bigger object yet.

Dan Barlow sounds (this isn't the first time, iirc, that I've heard/read similar phrasing from him) like he's running in similar project circles. If I could at least have one that would make a road trip I'd be happier but I'm at 25% and that's generous considering the issues with that vehicle and how I drive.
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                            Used getting the C brace loose from the diff as an excuse to buy 3 more sockets for two of my home sets . So now my 3/8 sets hit 21 mm .Yeah , big tool box at work too . The boys are going to make out pretty good tool wise when I kick to bucket .
                            Sounds like our shop ....maxed out for square feet....more tools than shop space.... hence the roll away in the basement shop...
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Just looked it up..... Scoggin Dickey Parts Center sells the lower intake for the TPI on Vortec heads....pricey, but, it's available....
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X