Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son's 85 vette . Well that didn't last long .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming along nicely! And yes, that IS clean inside.

Dan

Comment

Was 30 in the garage this morning . The little electric heaters we have for the bathrooms in the winter weren't cutting it . After two hrs it was only up to 40 . Fired up the big guns for the first time this season . Must be a little low on pressure, the other burner goes of if I let go of the button . Oh well , this feels good .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I've got mine running too! 17* outside, no idea what it is in the shop. I need to hang a thermometer out there, although it might be depressing.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I had to turn on the A/C in the shop this morning, to work on the Vette.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Nobody likes a smartalec.......or steve . lol
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Up to a comfy 50°
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                That's the way it ought to be! We're in between your weather reports - about 50* this morning and now 68* or so - too chilly for me but not awful.

Dan

Comment

I think 68 would be perfect. Got the filler pilot bearing out successfully. Tried a new less messy way of getting it out of a crank . Instead of packing with grease us moist bread . Worked great but if you plan on reusing it, it gets crammed all up in the bearings and about the time you get all the non captured rollers clean and the track they ride in you probably will have lost a roller and have to spend 25 on a new one anyway .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

You can do the same trick, but instead of using bread, use a single, very long strip of cloth soaked in grease. Makes it quite a lot easier to clean up, as you aren't picking bits of bread out, you're just pulling a single chunk of cloth.

Comment

I think if I ever do it again , ................well I hope never to have to be here again cause more than likely it's another engine swap . Not looking forward to one of these days having to do a clutch in my 92 . I think the dual mast flywheel has been discontinued so it will be noisier.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

4+3 trans reinstalled as well as driveshaft. .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          I've got mine running too! 17* outside, no idea what it is in the shop. I need to hang a thermometer out there, although it might be depressing.
                          Worst thing you can do. Go ahead and ask....... Every time you think about being cold you'll look at the thermometer and know why. My used garage furnace gave up the ghost last year. Other priorities have prevented its replacement. It's starting to look like another long winter in a cold garage or in the house wishing for warmer weather.
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Shop heat is a HIGH priority in my world. I HATE being cold and I simply wouldn't work in winter w/o heat. I scored a Reznor hanging furnace several years ago and it kicks booty even with minimal insulation. If I can find someone to do it I'll use the foil-wrapped foam board trick.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X