50 Pounds versus 130 Pounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Pounds versus 130 Pounds

So, we did the ECTA event in September. I got home from that and replaced Red's track wheels with his street wheels. That took a day, at the rate I work. Put the track wheels up and I even scraped the racing numbers off of Red's windows. That's it for this racing season.

And then.....they're doing it again in November. SURPRISE!!!!!!!! Well, I can't "not" go again. That's too much fun. I HAVE to go.

Wheels......the race wheels are filthy. Race track road trip filthy. Hawk brake pad black filthy. Y'all know I have to wash them. Just because that's what we should do with car stuff. Even though I'm driving right back to Arkansas in the rain. Does that make sense? Of course it does (to somebody).

I've got the handy Black and Decker Workmate rig set up in the driveway, a relic from another time in history. I put the wheels up there to wash them at a convenient level, no squatting over on the ground. 90% of the 18 x 10's are behind the spokes. Wash wash wash, scrub scrub scrub. Then flip them over to get the front side clean, a meticulous effort by itself.

Not once....TWICE those wheels got away from me flipping them over on that Workmate. 50 pounds of terror bouncing like a kangaroo and rolling toward the house or at Red and me literally falling behind it, trying to stop it. Both times I looked over at Superman's house.....did anybody see me do that?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

They must not have, or we would have seen them on YouTube by now.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      They must not have, or we would have seen them on YouTube by now.
      I ain't NEVER washing those race wheels again. They're beat to hell already. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Stack them... 2 high, stand a combo on it. Walk around.. No lifting.. Roll them where you need them. Easy peasy..
        Lay one flat, roll another onto it. 2 stacked.. Roll 3rd up into the dish of the backside of the rim... Wash possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          Stack them... 2 high, stand a combo on it. Walk around.. No lifting.. Roll them where you need them. Easy peasy..
          Lay one flat, roll another onto it. 2 stacked.. Roll 3rd up into the dish of the backside of the rim... Wash possible.
          WHY......why don't I have every one of you guys just lined up over here watching and waiting for me to do the next stupid thing? I mean, I need some help. Like when Superman showed me how to move those QuickJack ramps around effortlessly. That made me mad and glad at the same time.

AND I've got the race wheels washed (for some stupid reason) but I still don't have them on the car yet. QuickJack. That's next. It's hell getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

WHY......why don't I have every one of you guys just lined up over here watching and waiting for me to do the next stupid thing?
            That can be arranged.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Call Superman Jr.... He could use the experience.... You could use the sidekick....
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

From the thread title, I thought this was going to be about a dog vs. peewee and I was going to bet on the dog. That it was a mere racing wheel that kicked peewee's ass and that he admitted it publicly, amazes me.

Comment

I thought it was going to be about ballist .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                  X