X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Andy!

Cut & Paste from Facebook:

New little fella in our lives.

Meet Andy. He came into our lives this afternoon as "Fluffy" and I'm NOT calling "Fluffy" out the back door! His name comes from "ND" as in "New Dog" and that quickly became "Andy". As you can see, he's a little mostly poodle guy (I think he might be all poodle) that we found at the Humane Society of East Carolina in Greenville which is about 2 1/2 hours NW of us. I'm not generally a fan of tiny dogs but ME wanted a little fella and this guy is NOT yippy or nippy. He's 4 yo and was an owner surrender - his elderly woman owner died and the husband didn't think he could take care of him. Sadly, he doesn't know much and we'll have to teach "Heel", "Sit", "Down" etc. but he seems willing to learn. We started on "Sit" tonight and he's already making progress. So there's a long way to go but he's gentle, loves to snuggle, and mostly gets along with Kingsford though he was JUST neutered and still tries to hump though we've already had some luck getting Andy to know that that's forbidden.

Andy and ME at the Humane Society as I was doing the paper work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1937.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	1220607

Size comparison. Andy's about 10" at the shoulder and about 8 lbs. He's a bit thin so we'll fatten him up just a little (maybe a pound or so).

Name:	IMG_1938.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	1220608

Kinda dark but here's the two boys learning each other's limits.It'll take a while but they're doing OK for new siblings.

Name:	IMG_1939.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	1220609
    Dan

Cool.
    From the thread title I thought Chad had approved a new member recommended by Pdub........
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'd like for us to meet BOTH Andys (I'd forgotten about THAT issue).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        From the thread title I thought Chad had approved a new member recommended by Pdub........
        Me too ... anyhow, welcome to the family Andy !

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

welcome home, Andy.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yeah , I as well thought Andy finally made it thru the Bangshift front door , but happy for you guys and this Andy that he made it thru yours . Congrats . Here lately I have been getting the longing for a dog .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hi Dan

Congrats - we're both here now! We have one who looks quite similar as well - he'a Yorkiepoo.

Thanks to Monster for sorting out the admin this morning - now onboard and looking forward to positive and entertaining discussions on this forum!

Last word on Admin please!
                Last edited by Red_Kitty; November 11, 2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
                  Thanks to Monster for sorting out the admin this morning - now onboard and looking forward to positive and entertaining discussions on this forum!
                  Welcome to the madhouse Andy !

Comment

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Thank you Steve!
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Steve and Chad are both stand up guys, I knew they could and would sort it out.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
                          Hi Dan

Congrats - we're both here now! We have one who looks quite similar as well - he'a Yorkiepoo.
                          Handsome fuzzy butt! Bet he isn't named "Andy" which would be confusing! And SO COOL that you're now officially on board. Do you have issues with peeing too often and sometimes in the house? I'm starting to wonder if the little guy has a UTI - he goes to the doc tomorrow. Don't really know his breeding but he has a LOT of poodle for sure.

Dan

Comment

He looks as ll poodle to me . The dog , not Red Kitty .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              He looks as ll poodle to me . The dog , not Red Kitty .
                              That is a CLASSIC photo. Little poodle, big poodle. Black, white. Perfect. What a photo. I love it. I'm raving internally.....what a great photo.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X