Who's Been to Arkansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studemax View Post
    As a spectator for one day, I can tell you the biggest problem to viewing the racers was the soybeans...
    Also, Ron's broadcast was very hit or miss - fading in and out, and I wasn't more than 200 feet from the trailer.
    As I drove around the base - my radio jumped back and forth from Ron, to a gospel broadcast, to silence.
    Arrrrrgh. Fortunately it's not an emergency, although everything always seems to be an "emergency" to me. It'll be months before they "announce" for next year. When they do, I'm all over it, I'm in. I love wires and things. I can help, One end of the runway or another.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      my radio jumped back and forth from Ron, to a gospel broadcast, to silence.
      I thought Ron was broadcasting the Gospel then leaving silence for us to think it over!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I thought Ron was broadcasting the Gospel then leaving silence for us to think it over!

Dan
        We're in. Absolutely. I'm the "bring the sound equipment guy." And they already have a generator on the north end, at the start line. I'll bring both systems that I have Dan, no need to move yours. THERE. Okey dokey. The dates for next year are still not firm. Think April for the first one. With sound.

Comment

BUMP. And a not-an-update. I don't expect to hear anything from the Strupps for quite a while.....I hope I do, the date is far away on the calendar.

But...Andy, I've re-thought. Maybe I'll bring my racing costume, there's room for it in the truck probably. If you're willing to take a break for a run or two. I mean, I've never been that fast on the ground before.....

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            BUMP. And a not-an-update. I don't expect to hear anything from the Strupps for quite a while.....I hope I do, the date is far away on the calendar.

But...Andy, I've re-thought. Maybe I'll bring my racing costume, there's room for it in the truck probably. If you're willing to take a break for a run or two. I mean, I've never been that fast on the ground before.....
            Finially woke a bit, Mr Dub!

Comment

@ Pdub

Absolutely! I'm planning to take some pictures and maybe video as well next time, so won't be doing quite as many runs.

Comment

Did somebody say "B" license?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

Did somebody say "B" license?
                  Ohhhh my.......That's......

Andy I can't wait for you and Dan Stokes to meet one another, I'm serious about that. You guys are brothers, twins. I volunteer me to sit at the table and listen to you two talk. I'll pay the tab. It's worth more than the price of admission.

Comment

Ohhhh my.......That's......

Andy I can't wait for you and Dan Stokes to meet one another, I'm serious about that. You guys are brothers, twins. I volunteer me to sit at the table and listen to you two talk. I'll pay the tab. It's worth more than the price of admission.
                    Whoo Hooo Andy! Let's have PDub take us to the finest place in Blytheville! (Is that Perkins?) Um, maybe that still doesn't amount to much. But I AM looking forward to meeting you.

Dan

Comment

Whoo Hooo Andy! Let's have PDub take us to the finest place in Blytheville! (Is that Perkins?) Um, maybe that still doesn't amount to much. But I AM looking forward to meeting you.

Dan
                      It's a feeling, an intuition. We have all been wrong in our lives a whole lot of times but I don't believe I'm missing this one at all. Dan and Andy. Yep. Is it April yet? Come ON April !

Comment

Countdown to April driver's meeting: 124 ....

Comment

Dan
                          Well Dan, I have heard about the pumpkin pie at Perkins .......

Comment

I have a personal contact in Kansas who can address that subject directly.

And who scheduled winter anyhow? We need to have a serious talk with them, whoever that was. Only just sayin.'

Comment

Yer close. In Blytheville that's Bumpkin Pah. It's all made by bumpkins (PW can back me up on this one). And the Hartmans will be there, too (at least I think they're planning to) - great folks.

Dan

Comment

Yer close. In Blytheville that's Bumpkin Pah. It's all made by bumpkins (PW can back me up on this one).
                                Dan
                                Yep, it's "Pah" alright. I don''t care for it myself, but if you go very much further west on the map, it becomes "pie" again.

Are we there yet? Dang, we're not there yet. Dadgummit.
                                Last edited by pdub; December 23, 2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X