No announcement yet.

The Arkansas Bug Mystery Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Peewee - like I said, you need a new hobby. One where you get out of the house.

Note to Andy: That grasshopper is eating size. How do you like yours - fried, boiled, baked, or grilled? What kind of dipping sauce?
    Last edited by studemax; November 13, 2018, 10:06 AM.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      OK, Peewee - like I said, you need a new hobby. One where you get out of the house.
      So many years ago, I flew RC airplanes. That was pretty neat. Hand/eye and it took months to build a plane from scratch. And then I crashed it. Smoking hole in the ground, every time. Build another one.....

There's nowhere around here to fly. There was nowhere back then either. The only field we knew of was in Kershaw SC, a long way from home, and that's where they eventually built the SC Motorsports Park. A better use for that property for sure.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I dunno PDub.... Sounds like Red has a LOT of RPMs left at 150!
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Help Wanted

Pit crew required for ECTA event in April.

Must have experience with fast, red, supercharged domestic coupes.

Must be able to speak "Southern", to act as translator for displaced foreigner.

Ability to play guitar a benefit.

Must have own tyre pressure gauge (that reads to 40psi min.).

Apply within.
          Last edited by Red_Kitty; November 13, 2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Note to Andy: That grasshopper is eating size. How do you like yours - fried, boiled, baked, or grilled? What kind of dipping sauce?
            Buffalo of course!

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              I dunno PDub.... Sounds like Red has a LOT of RPMs left at 150!
              Does/did, for sure. It's that rear gear you recommended to start with, but that would make him entirely too busy driving around town. Impractical.

That's over. Done, and that was sure fun. You (any of us) can chase that dog until we finally get hurt. Big time. News film at 11 big time. I enjoyed it, every minute of it. But enough is enough and enough is enough. Yep, I'm happy and I can't thank Stude enough for just holding that camera. Yep, that's what I needed to see.
              Last edited by pdub; November 13, 2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Without ANY racing we will expect MAJOR lawn developments! You gonna add a mower deck to Red?

Comment

From the driver's seat, there is not much difference between 150 and 180.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                    not much difference in what it looks like when you hit a wall at any speed greater then 70....
                    just sayin'
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
                      Help Wanted

Pit crew required for ECTA event in April.

Must have experience with fast, red, supercharged domestic coupes.

Must be able to speak "Southern", to act as translator for displaced foreigner.

Ability to play guitar a benefit.

Must have own tyre pressure gauge (that reads to 40psi min.).

Apply within.
                      Somebody is trying to hire me.......I haven't logged into LinkedIn for years........hmmmmmm......I thought I was unhire-able....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

not much difference in what it looks like when you hit a wall at any speed greater then 70....
                        just sayin'
                        That's the beauty of land speed. I believe that's the safest way in the world to risk your life, and it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                          I'm sure I agree Steve, but I'll never know. I don't WANT to know. I won't find out in my lifetime.

Comment

Well, between 100 and 150 the difference on VIDEO is wind noise. However back in the day things seemed to get QUIETER not noisier Just focusing on the tach alone, even on a motorcycle. Redline in top gear is JACKPOT. That is why a top gear designed for gas mileage is SO sad. I swear in the 60s GM sized their 2 barrel carbs for 95 MPH. V8, 6 Cyl. every car with one topped out at 95.

However, if I was 19 again I'd be RUNNING that 95 at ECTA just like I ran 85 at Byron.
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; November 13, 2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                              Well, between 100 and 150 the difference on VIDEO is wind noise. However back in the day things seemed to get QUIETER not noisier Just focusing on the tach alone, even on a motorcycle. Redline in top gear is JACKPOT. That is why a top gear designed for gas mileage is SO sad. I swear in the 60s GM sized their 2 barrel carbs for 95 MPH. V8, 6 Cyl. every car with one topped out at 95.
                              From Stude and I talking it over on email.......this very subject.....he said that great big bugs go THWACK when they hit the windshield. I darned near to started a new thread called The THWACK Factor but I couldn't figure out what to do with it.

No, big bugs don't go THWACK when they hit the windshield at 150 mph. The guts just instantly appear, about half the size of Rhode Island. There is no THWACK. There's lots more noise than that going on at the time. THWACK is for highway speeds.

Comment

I'd like to close this thread if we could. If you go 100 mph, that's fast. Just ask any news reporter or any state trooper. 100 mph is insane.

I for sure haven't done anything that's even crazy in the hotrod world. Not even close. At my level of skill I've pushed it way too far. That's enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X