No announcement yet.

The Arkansas Bug Mystery Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was young I'd crack 90 AT LEAST once or twice a week. I don't understand people thinking cars can only go SO fast, SO far, SO many times, SO many miles before crashing, breaking or wearing out prematurely. Even my two AMC Hornets did thousands of miles over the speed limits.

Speed Limits ARE climbing. Wikipedia:

Portions of the Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming road networks have 80 mph (129 km/h) posted limits. The highest posted speed limit in the country is 85 mph (137 km/h) and can be found only on the Texas State Highway 130.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; November 14, 2018, 12:12 AM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

So many years ago, I flew RC airplanes. That was pretty neat. Hand/eye and it took months to build a plane from scratch. And then I crashed it. Smoking hole in the ground, every time. Build another one.....
      OK, so you augured a few planes into the ground. Have you thought about R/C racing? Lots of radio control car and truck races on pavement and dirt, if you are so inclined. It's cheaper than Red, and you won't get hurt.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        When I was young I'd crack 90 AT LEAST once or twice a week. I don't understand people thinking cars can only go SO fast, SO far, SO many times, SO many miles before crashing, breaking or wearing out prematurely. Even my two AMC Hornets did thousands of miles over the speed limits.

Speed Limits ARE climbing. Wikipedia:

Portions of the Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming road networks have 80 mph (129 km/h) posted limits. The highest posted speed limit in the country is 85 mph (137 km/h) and can be found only on the Texas State Highway 130.
        If you ever catch me doing the speed limit you should find out what's wrong!
        Example: Last weekend's trip to Arkansas. I never got the front-end aligned after replacing the bushings, ball joints, etc., and lowering it three inches. It drives good the way I put it back together. It needs some adjustment but up to ~75mph it's good, higher than that and it gets jittery.
        ps...I need to update the wragon thread and possibly start another for my latest hoopty.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

OK, so you augured a few planes into the ground. Have you thought about R/C racing? Lots of radio control car and truck races on pavement and dirt, if you are so inclined. It's cheaper than Red, and you won't get hurt.
          They even have (drumroll) rc demos !,

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

If you ever catch me doing the speed limit you should find out what's wrong!
            Example: Last weekend's trip to Arkansas. I never got the front-end aligned after replacing the bushings, ball joints, etc., and lowering it three inches. It drives good the way I put it back together. It needs some adjustment but up to ~75mph it's good, higher than that and it gets jittery.
            ps...I need to update the wragon thread and possibly start another for my latest hoopty.
            Classic Caster problem.

Comment

Damn! I was hoping one would crush a similar R/C Car!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  That's no miracle. The tires are so big it'll float.

Why does everybody want to spend my money even after I've decided to not get killed? What's up with that? I mean, seriously.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

So you don't go cold turkey?

Comment

YOU were ready to just pop for a new Bluebelle!

Comment

Working...
                      X