RIP The Silver Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP The Silver Fox

We lost David Pearson. He was by far my favorite race car driver growing up. He and the Wood Brothers were responsible for me loving the '71 Mercury Montego which won the first NASCAR race my dad ever took me to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	36C.png
Views:	21
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	1221051

David Pearson, a NASCAR pioneer and longtime rival of Richard Petty, has died. He was 83.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Dang. RIP Mister Pearson.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
      We lost David Pearson. He was by far my favorite race car driver growing up. He and the Wood Brothers were responsible for me loving the '71 Mercury Montego which won the first NASCAR race my dad ever took me to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	36C.png
Views:	21
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	1221051
      First stock car model I ever bought . RIP DP
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pearson was a racecar driver! He knew how to make a car handle. Back in the day there was no aero push, down force unlike to day. The kids who call themselves racecar drivers couldn't hang 5 minutes with this guy. RIP David.
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

RIP , thoughts and prayers for his family....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Pearson and Petty were my faves in the NASCAR of my youth. They weren't just rednecks turning left - they were southern gents who raced.
            Last edited by studemax; November 13, 2018, 10:04 AM.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
              Pearson was a racecar driver! He knew how to make a car handle. Back in the day there was no aero push, down force unlike to day. The kids who call themselves racecar drivers couldn't hang 5 minutes with this guy. RIP David.
              Amen! I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. He was indeed one of the greatest. A real class act and certainly deserved all the respect he got.

Comment

Working...
              X