Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lohnes gets the Golden Ticket!

Fox Sports with Tony P for 2019!

FOX Sports and NHRA have announced the release of the 2019 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule, which includes five live event on the FOX broadcast network and the addition of Brian Lohnes as lead announcer for all 24 NHRA events.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

WOW!!!!!!!! SUPER WOW!!!!! Man, that's great. WOW!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

He is good at it man trust me! I went to the North West Nationals a few years ago and Lohnes called the races over PA system. We met and BSed for a short time on one of his breaks. He is damn good at it you'll see when you watch one of these FOX broadcasts. Good for you Brian!!!
      Last edited by ratpatrol66; November 17, 2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

That is great news and a huge improvement but regardless of how good Brian is - I don't have much faith that he can cover up how bad Tony Pedregon is!

Comment

The article states the Brian is the head announcer, so hopefully we won't hear Tony that often.

Comment

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, or one more deserving. Congrats Brian!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Glad to see he is making it in his field of choice - he lives and loves car stuff.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Congrats!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I know Brian on a personal level - he and his FIL and young Tom have been to the house, done the shop tour (doesn't take long....) had dinner together, etc. I'd hang out in the tower with him at The Ohio Mile and BS as he was announcing the event. All this said to add to what the others have said - he's a genuinely great guy and deserves all his success! I just hope he gets enough time with his boys and Kerri (she's a sweetheart, too) - that's a LOT of traveling. But I know Kerri wants him to live his dream as do I.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; November 17, 2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Actually he's been doing pretty much the full NHRA tour for a while, now comes the GLORY. Thing is with Brian's memory bank what will Stat Guy be left to do?
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      Actually he's been doing pretty much the full NHRA tour for a while, now comes the GLORY. Thing is with Brian's memory bank what will Stat Guy be left to do?
                      That's what I was thinking, Lewis Bloom has it all stored in Computer files, Brian has it stored in his Grey Matter! I've always thought of Brian as the Brain Trust of Drag Racing History, he knows more about events that happened 50 years ago then I do and I was there whereas Brian wasn't even born yet!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post

That's what I was thinking, Lewis Bloom has it all stored in Computer files, Brian has it stored in his Grey Matter! I've always thought of Brian as the Brain Trust of Drag Racing History, he knows more about events that happened 50 years ago then I do and I was there whereas Brian wasn't even born yet!
                        All I had to do was to tell him one thing at the check-in counter when I was signing in for the ECTA event in Ohio. And then on the track broadcast he made a whole story about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          I know Brian on a personal level - he and his FIL and young Tom have been to the house, done the shop tour (doesn't take long....) had dinner together, etc. I'd hang out in the tower with him at The Ohio Mile and BS as he was announcing the event.
                          Name dropper ....

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Name dropper ....
                            Well, we all do if we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Name dropper ....
                              That was part of my phone conversation with Big Dave and Perry. Dave was going on about Neil Bonnett, "I was at Neil's house one day when he got a phone call...."

And I said, wait a minute. That makes me want to go to a bar, a pool hall or somewhere, and just sit at the bar and drink. When somebody comes up with a tall tale I am now qualified to interrupt and say, "That ain't SHIT. I know somebody who KNEW somebody." Better idea to not, DUI is illegal and I'm too little to get into a barroom fight.

Comment

Working...
                              X