Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Name dropper ....
    Absolutely! And Brian's is a great name to drop. I also know Jim Forbes - cruised with him. (Other than Peewee, that's about it.......)

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Absolutely! And Brian's is a great name to drop. I also know Jim Forbes - cruised with him. (Other than Peewee, that's about it.......)

Dan
      Dang. We both need to get out more often.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I didn't see Brian here today (HRM 70th birthday at Pomona)....but I did see a few other names, and I won't drop them here

All the best for Brian with his new responsibilities. I'll try to remember to tune in to the first race on TV in February.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Dang. We both need to get out more often.
          Actually, I've met a lot in interesting folks at ECTA and at Speed Week and some I've even gotten to hang out with. But I'm really NOT a name dropper so I didn't go there. On here, though, I WILL drop Brian's name (but only to back up what a good guy he is).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I didn't see Brian here today (HRM 70th birthday at Pomona)....but I did see a few other names, and I won't drop them here
            Oh come on Jim, I was just kidding with Dan. I know him on a personal level - he and his Race car have been to the track, running the Volunteers at Maxton and had dinner together, etc. I'd hang out with him at the hotel and BS afterwards. All this said to add to what the others have said - he's a genuinely great guy and deserves all his success! I just hope he gets enough time with Mutt to get the record.

Comment

dan is great!
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                dan is great!
                Aw Shucks......

Steve and I are good - just teasin' back at him. In fact I can't think of anyone I'm NOT good with. And Steve - Mutt has the track record and always has at ECTA. Tracer Racing (same engine as Mutt but in a Dakota) is running at about 140 at Bonneville and I'm pretty sure I can add boost to top that - worth a try.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Mutt has the track record and always has at ECTA.
                  I can't recall, did Mutt ever run at Maxton, or was Ohio his debut track ?

Comment

I can't recall, did Mutt ever run at Maxton, or was Ohio his debut track ?
                    Gonna go out on a limb and hope it holds water..
                    Ohio.. As I came on and met Dan after a long day trying to meet up! He did not have Mutt then.. Shortly after that meeting he got Mutt and I was aware of ECTA...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Gonna go out on a limb and hope it holds water..
                      Ohio..
                      Ohio. Dan ran Truck at Ohio before he had Mutt.

Comment

When my dad asked me if I saw Brian Lohnes at SEMA, in the same breath as asking about Leno.... blew my mind, you know some fertilizer salesman with a funny accent?

Beyond cool and really couldn't happen to a better guy.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Ohio. Dan ran Truck at Ohio before he had Mutt.
                          Terry (well, the now Mrs. Terry) blew up the engine in what was to become Mutt at the last Maxton meet. I was running the Camaro w/ 250" six (E/CP most of the time). I traded Terry the Camaro for the S-10 following that last meet. I first ran Truck at Ohio as I didn't have Mutt ready yet and held the C/DT record (117.8) for a while until someone came along who was a lot more serious than I was. So far, Truck could set the C/DT record at Arkansas but I haven't wanted to spend the $$ for another entry. Anyhow, after running Truck for several meets I got Mutt ready and ran him starting 05/02/15 (my log book is sitting next to me). First run - 84.8416 - current best 136.2.

Dan

Comment

I remember Terry blowing up the 383 in the S-10 and you telling me you traded the Camaro for it. I went to the first Ohio meet, but don't remember you running anything. So, if the S-10 became Mutt, what was Truck ?

Comment

I remember Terry blowing up the 383 in the S-10 and you telling me you traded the Camaro for it. I went to the first Ohio meet, but don't remember you running anything. So, if the S-10 became Mutt, what was Truck ?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                                That is great news and a huge improvement but regardless of how good Brian is - I don't have much faith that he can cover up how bad Tony Pedregon is!
                                I hate to take this thread off track but if they could exchange Alan Reinhart for Tony Pedregon - that would be a dynamic duo!

Comment

Working...
                                X