Ford Wins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Wins!

All the NASCAR Bangshifters are long gone, and NASCAR is "dead:" to those few who remain, but it shouldn't go without a passing mention that Ford won the NASCAR Monster Energy Series Cup Manufacturers and Drivers championships for 2018. http://performance.ford.com/series/s...mpionship.html

Counterpoint:

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Yay. Ford stickers won.

haha. J/k.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Which ones are Fords?

Click image for larger version

Name:	karts.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	790.6 KB
ID:	1221761

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          What is this quaint little insignificant "NHRA" thing?

Of course "Brand C" has successfully lobbied "NUH-RUH" for a set of rules that makes only "Brand C" engines remotely competitive in "Pro Stock" a/k/a Ugly-melted-candy-bars-made-of-carbon-fiber-million-dollar-"stock" (Yawn, Zzzzzzz). . . And every winner for about 40 years in TF and FC has been powered by an aftermarket derivative of Mopar HEMI (R) engines . . . .

Still, when you're going something like 4-for-36 in REAL AMERICAN racing, (and get smoked by Honda in Indy Car to boot), you've got to crow about "success" where you can, I guess . . .

This thread is a little throwback to the days when BS was sorta great . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
            It shouldn't go without a passing mention that Ford won the NASCAR Monster Energy Series Cup Manufacturers and Drivers championships for 2018.
            Okay

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
              Yay. Ford stickers won.

haha. J/k.
              Yea, no kidding!
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I'm not going to defend how non-stock a stock car is, but it is interesting how awesome Ford's NASCAR FR9 engine has become within the confines of the admittedly antique 2-valve OHV pushrod "box."

Here's the late Robert Yates (RIP) on the differences between the Boss 429s at the beginning of his career and the FR9s he helped Ford develop at the end of it. (BTW, a lot more to that than just decals . . . .) (see link below)

That being said, I'd love to see the late David Pearson (RIP) ripping it up again in a Holman-Moody or Wood Bros stocker with a Yates-built Boss again . . .

NASCAR’s longtime Labor Day event, the Southern 500, is back home at Darlington (SC) Raceway this year, complete with throwback ‘70s and ‘80s paint jobs to celebrate its rich history. The entire race weekend has become the retro event of the year for NASCAR and Ford Performance talked about race engines with none other than Robert Yates.

Comment

I think a drag racer named Roush has had some input on their motor program. Jack, yeah Jack Roush, that guy. Knows a thing or two about exhaust ports.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

What is this quaint little insignificant "NHRA" thing?

Of course "Brand C" has successfully lobbied "NUH-RUH" for a set of rules that makes only "Brand C" engines remotely competitive in "Pro Stock" a/k/a Ugly-melted-candy-bars-made-of-carbon-fiber-million-dollar-"stock" (Yawn, Zzzzzzz). . . And every winner for about 40 years in TF and FC has been powered by an aftermarket derivative of Mopar HEMI (R) engines . . . .

Still, when you're going something like 4-for-36 in REAL AMERICAN racing, (and get smoked by Honda in Indy Car to boot), you've got to crow about "success" where you can, I guess . . .

This thread is a little throwback to the days when BS was sorta great . . . .
                    The cup is based on round wins in ALL classes vs. body styles. More of a popularity contest than anything, but who cares about an engine lab doing stuff that will never see a highway? Honda or ANY bike maker are no slouches in design. Go check out the redlines in a few modern sportbikes. 14K anyone?

Comment

meanwhile, back at the ranch...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        meanwhile, back at the ranch...
                        Remember and loved that article . And I wear a bow tie .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Honda or ANY bike maker are no slouches in design. Go check out the redlines in a few modern sportbikes. 14K anyone?
                          Are bike designers rules-limited to WWII-era Kettering OHV architecture? NASCAR engine builders are. And so are "NUH-RUH" PS, TF and FC engine builders.

Even Formula 1 -- where pneumatic valve springs, overhead cams, and multivalves per cylinder are de rigueur -- isn't remotely unlimited any more (not that it ever was . . . . 1.6-litres in maximum capacity and rev-limited to only 15,000 rpm.). The days of "unlimited" automobile racing are almost completely past. BTW, how's Honda doing in F1? Ask McLaren about 2015–2017 . . . .

Comment

Did ANYONE here say NATCAR is smart? How about a manufacturer that dumps millions into NATCAR? I like your unintended analogy though. Stock car racing is as relevant to automotive engineering as WWE is to athletics.

My opinion? Fiat Chrysler is getting WAAAY more bang per buck out of performance new cars and racing than the other two guys. More results, more sales per dollar invested. They don't have a lot to spend and spend it wisely.

Chevy is the most popular brand. Chrysler is the best thought out brand. Ford, well Ford does pretty good with SOME types of trucks but is losing that battle more and more every year.
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; November 20, 2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Dodge wants back into NASCAR.. . .

Both Ford and Toyota brands outsell Chevrolet (But GM still has more total sales across all its brands)

New manufacturers like Dodge and Nissan have been attempting to make their way into NASCAR competition, but they will have to be a little bit more patient.

Comment

Working...
                              X