Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our kind of pumpkin pie!

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

That pie would go nicely with a cup of coffee......

Comment

Excellent pah, Stude! Wish I could eat it (I'm assuming it isn't sugar free). I get a NSA (no sugar added) apple pah from Cracker Barrel for these occasions - not bad.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Excellent pah,

Dan
        There's a back story Dan.....when we were in Arkansas in September, Stude said out loud he was lusting for some pumpkin pie. We went up to the counter at Perkins to pay the bill. There it was, right there. Stude, there's your pumpkin pie, the whole thing, right behind the glass.

Nope. He turned the other way. Nope, that one doesn't have a car doing a burnout on top of it.
        Last edited by pdub; November 22, 2018, 08:36 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

There's a back story Dan.....when we were in Arkansas in September, Stude said out loud he was lusting for some pumpkin pie. We went up to the counter at Perkins to pay the bill. There it was, right there. Stude, there's your pumpkin pie, the whole thing, right behind the glass.
          And if you remember, they said pie was half-price after 9PM. I came back about 10:30 and got 2 pieces - one for a snack before hitting the hay, and one for a road snack on the way home. It was darn good pumpkin pie, too!

Comment

Excellent pah, Stude!
            Dan, I'm a diabetic - but I can eat stuff like this in moderation. My doc took me off metformin about 6 months after diagnosing me (he warned me for years), and I control my blood sugar mostly by diet. What I really miss is fettucini alfredo, buckets of french fries, and cathead biscuits swimming in cream gravy. I was a carb loader, with a serious chocolate dependency on the side. No more.

I follow basically an Atkins program - meat, cheese, veggies and fruits with high fiber and low sugar. I eat celery and beef jerky for snacks (not at the same time). Probably what kept me reasonably healthy for years was avoiding soda pop for the last 30 years and working in my veggie garden. Of course - I gave that up 2 years ago, as my knees and back couldn't take it anymore (picking beans just killed me). So I sold my canning rigs and bought a stovetop smoker. That keeps me in the kitchen.

Hit me up for recipes sometime, if you like.
            Last edited by studemax; November 25, 2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Dan, I'm a diabetic - but I can eat stuff like this in moderation. My doc took me off metformin about 6 months after diagnosing me (he warned me for years), and I control my blood sugar mostly by diet. What I really miss is fettucini alfredo, buckets of french fries, and cathead biscuits swimming in cream gravy. I was a carb loader, with a serious chocolate dependency on the side. No more.

I follow basically an Atkins program - meat, cheese, veggies and fruits with high fiber and low sugar. I eat celery and beef jerky for snacks (not at the same time). Probably what kept me reasonably healthy for years was avoiding soda pop for the last 30 years and working in my veggie garden. Of course - I gave that up 2 years ago, as my knees and back couldn't take it anymore (picking beans just killed me). So I sold my canning rigs and bought a stovetop smoker. That keeps me in the kitchen.

Hit me up for recipes sometime, if you like.
              I'm Type 1 as is J. Roberts. Our bodies don't make any insulin so whatever we have to work with is whatever we put in. So it's a different world. Sounds like you're Type 2 - still VERY serious but the management is different. I DO occasionally take a nibble but those times are few and far between.

Dan

Comment

I'm Type 1 as is J. Roberts.
                Ah. One of my oldest friends is a Type 1, very brittle. Passes out if he gets stressed. Not getting better with age, either. Hang in there.

Comment

Working...
                X