No announcement yet.

The Things I Have Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the vehicle, doesn't it! The more vroom you've got, the less room you need to get up to pretty scary speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      Depends on the vehicle, doesn't it! The more vroom you've got, the less room you need to get up to pretty scary speeds.
      It just does NOT seem or feel that fast inside the car, not at all. Faster is never fast enough inside the car. But it sure is on the ground. That's plenty fast enough, thank you, and I didn't even KNOW how fast fast is. I made the comment to Superman, I didn't even KNOW how fast I was going. He said, "But you do have GPS, right?" Well, sure, but that's FAST.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Fast on a bike is different. First of all just keeping up with traffic on a bike you NEED part of your brain to be thinking "one wrong move and it's curtains". Then you punch it down a couple of gears and crank on it and it becomes "Now THIS, THIS is REALLY stupid!'. Then 80, 90, things get quiet and the wind just sucks your chest towards the tank and it's "So THIS is what this thing was made to DO!". At least it's that way on a sportbike. Never had an urge to go fast on a cruiser or dual purpose bike.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I am so satisfied, so complete with the "work' at the track. I now have a job next year - make Ron Ward's broadcast boom out across the facility at each ECTA event. Crank it up. I'll be there with sound hardware and bells on.

From a "perspective" perspective, Turk has often fielded the question, "What does it take to go 200 mph?" His answer, I don't want to say it wrong, so assume this is a paraphrase, "More horsepower than you think and more money than you have."

I got 3/4 of the way to 200 mph playing with a shade tree car. That last 25% would require about 25000% more money and at least 200% more courage.

Comment

A pulley and a tune?

And some JATO rockets?
            Last edited by Red_Kitty; November 26, 2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
              A pulley and a tune?

And some JATO rockets?
              An appliance white pickup truck loaded down with wires and speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

An appliance white pickup truck loaded down with wires and speakers.
                How fast is the truck? (Might need more JATO rockets)?

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

How fast is the truck? (Might need more JATO rockets)?
                  Probably 111.8. That seems to be the default Ford speed limiter setting. I've been 100 in him, on the Atlanta beltway one Sunday morning. I was going 100 mph in one of the center lanes trying to stay out of the way and I was getting passed on both doors. And that was before I had ever run on a road course, so that was a bit unnerving.

Comment

Working...
                  X