Clear All

• ECTA 2019 Schedule - Here We Go

BLYTHEVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
    4701 Memorial Ave. Blytheville, Arkansas 72315
    APRIL 19, 20, 21
    JUNE 7, 8, 9
    SEPTEMBER 27, 28, 29
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Thanks PW! I haven't yet been to the ECTA site today so I didn't see this. Glad they moved the April meet a bit - it was COLD last year!

Dan

Comment

I didn't find those dates on the site - where did you fin 'em?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        I didn't find those dates on the site - where did you fin 'em?

Dan
        Mike sent that to me in an email. I told him, don't tell me any secrets. He said it's no secret, it just takes a while to get everything updated. Which made me also point out there's a wealth of volume-of-information conflict between the sites, FB and ECTAmile.com. He said yeah, they know, that's another thing they're working on. I'm on "the crew." I'm ready, I have a job. A new one.

Comment

Here's the text of the whole thing:
          VISIT ECTA MILE BOOTH #7125

The Performance Racing Industry (PRI) show is happening next week, December 6-8, in Indianapolis and we invite you to stop by the #ECTAmile booth to see 2X Hot Rod Drag Week Champion, Clark Rosenstengel's Camaro, information about ECTA, and more! If you can't make the show and have interest in land speed racing, visit ECTAmile.com today.
          2019 ECTA SCHEDULE

BLYTHEVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
          4701 Memorial Ave. Blytheville, Arkansas 72315
          APRIL 19, 20, 21
          JUNE 7, 8, 9
          SEPTEMBER 27, 28, 29
          WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            I'm on "the crew." I'm ready, I have a job. A new one.
            Do tell ...

Comment

Do tell ...
              Sound reinforcement.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Sound reinforcement.
                Yeah, make everybody on Main Street in Blytheville be able to hear what Ron is saying on the FM broadcast. I don't know what 200 Watts RMS will even do, but we're going to find out. The next great adventure. I want to mic the start line too, even more vroom to the room.

Comment

Maybe Dan Barlow can make it to that gig in Indy and take some photos for us.

Comment

I am overly excited, even giddy about being able to add some sound at ECTA events. I'm sitting here looking at the little PA in the living room, having flashbacks like I do. Why do I even have that, how/why did I get it? Well, it was the American Dream. I was able to buy it from using the big PA, which is a mortal bitch to move. A ton. I paid for that smaller PA package with money made playing out, so I have nothing but time invested in it.

My buddy and I had an acoustic act and he found us a gig in Lancaster SC. It actually lasted a few months on weekends if I remember correctly. Not every weekend, but we played played out, in public. And the most amazing thing, the first time I ever walked into that restaurant/bar/grill.....1. You're actually going to LET us play, right here, in this place? Yep. 2. And you're going to give us a free meal? Yep. 3. And you're going to keep providing us with beer all night long? Yep. 4. And at the end of the night, you're going to hand us money on top of all of that? Yep.

Amazing, just amazing.

Comment

And you're going to keep providing us with beer all night long?
                      Just be careful ... Jake thought the beer was complimentary, but Bob's Country Bunker charged the band for the beer they drank.

Comment

I don't know what 200 Watts RMS will even do, but we're going to find out.
                        As I remember, you have an old Peavey rig.... Which is not the best quality rig for sound reinforcement even in a tiny bar. 200 watts outside won't reach the fence of the base, let alone go all the way to town, BUT it's better than nothing, and I'm glad you are making an effort! Keep it pointed towards the pits, and elevate the enclosures for best dispersal of sound.

You planning on setting up near the timing trailer? How much speaker wire do you have? Remember to keep the power amp in the shade.... Maybe a fan on it?

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

You planning on setting up near the timing trailer? How much speaker wire do you have? Remember to keep the power amp in the shade.... Maybe a fan on it?
                          The big one is a Peavy, the little one (50W) is a Yamaha. I'm thinking set the big one at the timing trailer and the little one at the start line.

BTW, that April weekend will end up being different. They didn't realize that was Easter weekend when they pushed it out.

Comment

That April weekend will end up being different. They didn't realize that was Easter weekend when they pushed it out.
                            Oops, that's a rather large mistake.

Comment

Maybe Dan Barlow can make it to that gig in Indy and take some photos for us.
                              I guess I won't be allowed near the starting line, again. ↑↑↑ "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission" and that's pretty much how this dog "hunts".

Are they open to suggestions? May 3-5 would be GREAT for me to be in another locale.......stupid horse race.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Working...
                              X