No announcement yet.

ECTA 2019 Schedule - Here We Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be OK with Easter weekend but many will not - and I respect that. We'll see what they work out as no doubt they will.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

I guess I won't be allowed near the starting line, again. ↑↑↑ "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission" and that's pretty much how this dog "hunts".

Are they open to suggestions? May 3-5 would be GREAT for me to be in another locale.......stupid horse race.
      Dan Stokes and I hope it's more later than sooner for temperature alone. I can't speak for the organization, though it appears that I'm in on the fringe without a seat at the table. This is going to be huge fun. The next big thing for me, as small as it is, being able to help out as much as I know how to.

And what happened at the starting line? Did you get in trouble?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Keep in mind that stuff is getting REALLY cheap if you want MORE stuff!

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Keep in mind that stuff is getting REALLY cheap if you want MORE stuff!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Harbinge...in-Speakers.gc
          That's technically similar to my little system, but my mains are 12-inch. Their cabinets are plastic, I could literally throw them about 8 feet. The other system.....it's dinosaur old. The mains are 15-inch, probably one-inch thick plywood. The stands for the mains are made from heavyesium, the stands alone weigh about 70 pounds. That's how it used to be.
          Last edited by pdub; November 28, 2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

And what happened at the starting line? Did you get in trouble?
            There was some caution tape in a random place. Being a construction worker, I'm usually on the other side of the caution tape anyway...... So, with mini-me-ette in tow, I stroll over to where the cars are leaving the line. After probably 45 minutes or more, I was asked if I was waiting on a car to come to the line. Uh, no, just watching/looking/staying out of the way..... apparently that ain't allowed....which I seem to find a lot of that in ECTA. Beyond this, any other explanations will be verbal only, if that.

EDIT: This happened in Wilmington at the September 2015 event, which was slightly warmer than Blytheville in November 2018, imo. In either case, and seems to be a tradition when we travel, there was a trip to Wal-Mart to buy things that should have been packed.

Last edited by 68scott385; November 28, 2018, 03:56 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

There was some caution tape in a random place. Being a construction worker, I'm usually on the other side of the caution tape anyway...... So, with mini-me-ette in tow, I stroll over to where the cars are leaving the line. After probably 45 minutes or more, I was asked if I was waiting on a car to come to the line. Uh, no, just watching/looking/staying out of the way..... apparently that ain't allowed....which I seem to find a lot of that in ECTA. Beyond this, any other explanations will be verbal only, if that.
              HAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!! Okay.......gotcha. There was a particular photographer there who WAS after a particular.car. I'm on the line second to go, outside pole position. The dude with the camera got out on the pavement with the camera. Steve Strupp was hollering and waving, MOVE! We have to keep this show going......MOVE. I was sitting there watching, amazed. The camera dude DID move, sort of. And when Steve looked the other way listening to his track radio, the dude came right back. Photo, photo, photo.

That guy was insane. He didn't know how much danger is involved on that track. You turn that much horsepower loose, it can go any direction it wants to.

Comment

Working...
              X