Abcde: What's in a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studemax View Post
    Frank Zappa used to warn media types not to make fun of his kids' names..... Dweezil, Ahmet, and Moon Unit.
    Of course he missed the obvious one: Bug Zappa . . . .

Comment

I am married to a teacher. I've seen it all. Some people can name their pets great names all day long but immediately go brain dead when it comes to a child.

Thankful I did not end up "Jaymz". haha
      Last edited by BBR; November 30, 2018, 08:33 AM.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

My favorite bad car name is found on the rear 1/4 of many Toyota pickups - T(u)RD. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!!!?? "Think I'll hop in the ol' TRD and go off-roading."

EDIT: It just dawned on my that maybe I'm adding the wrong vowel, but is "'T(A)RD" better? Americans WILL add a vowel in there to make it a word.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; November 30, 2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Nope. If you put "TRD" on a vanity plate, 99% of Americans will read that with the "UR" sound.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

Or Juhaiyghmuhzzzeee

Comment

Not sure what gets into parents heads, trying to be funny with their kids names .. had a girl in High School named Candy Barr.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                I am married to a teacher. I've seen it all. Some people can name their pets great names all day long but immediately go brain dead when it comes to a child.

Same here, Wife is a teacher and the unbelievable stupidity of names that I hear about is ridiculous.

What irritates me though is also the names that are spelled like normal names, but have some weird sort of pronunciation. Then the kids get seriously offended when you pronounce it wrong on the first day. (I mean i would have more sympathy for the kid if they had been in class for a couple weeks)

Mr. Garvey spent 20 years teaching in the inner city, so the kids at his new school better not try to mess with him. From Comedy Central's "Key & Peele."…

Comment

Originally posted by Markmx6 View Post
                  Great first post ..

Comment

long term child abuse. It's like the mom said "well kid, I want you to enjoy drugs like I'm enjoying drugs right now - so I'll saddle you with a name guaranteed to get you stuffed in a locker" .... why? where's the alphabet? in my locker.

I think this is extra special because mommy of alphabet has thin skin. For those who wonder what drugs alphabet will do? all of them.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      My favorite bad car name is found on the rear 1/4 of many Toyota pickups - T(u)RD. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!!!?? "Think I'll hop in the ol' TRD and go off-roading."

EDIT: It just dawned on my that maybe I'm adding the wrong vowel, but is "'T(A)RD" better? Americans WILL add a vowel in there to make it a word.

Dan
                      Before we put the blower on Red his ECTA competition class was D/FSS. The first time I put that on the side window and stood back and looked at it......yeah, I'd like to buy two vowels Pat, an "O" and a "U."
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Before we put the blower on Red his ECTA competition class was D/FSS. The first time I put that on the side window and stood back and looked at it......yeah, I'd like to buy two vowels Pat, an "O" and a "U."
                        plural?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

plural?
                          Perhaps, doofuss is what I saw.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Great first post ..
                            That video is stoopid as hell.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              long term child abuse. It's like the mom said "well kid, I want you to enjoy drugs like I'm enjoying drugs right now - so I'll saddle you with a name guaranteed to get you stuffed in a locker" .... why? where's the alphabet? in my locker.

I think this is extra special because mommy of alphabet has thin skin. For those who wonder what drugs alphabet will do? all of them.
                              "My name is Languilli".....
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Perhaps, doofuss is what I saw.
                                I thought it was Doofii

Comment

Working...
                                X