X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figures

Doctor: Have you gotten a flu shot yet?

Me: No.

Doctor: you should get one, Should I have the nurse give you the shot?

Me: I guess..

Well, I now am sick. not 4 days later.

Not a fan.

Not surprising. In fact, You won't see me at a doctor's office or a hospital until I'm about 45 seconds away from bleeding to death. I'll die at home, no doubt about it, unless I die doing something dangerous outdoors..
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I don't get flu shots anymore either, for the same reason. My buddy swears it is impossible, because "the flu germs are already dead and it's impossible to get sick from the shot ... probably just a coincidence". Okay .....

Comment

More and more people getting auto immune disorders. Antibodies gone wild.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Current thinking o flu shots:
          It takes about two weeks after vaccination for the appropriate memory immune cells and antibodies to fully develop in the body and provide adequate protection. In the meantime, you are still at risk for getting the flu, as your body's defenses will not yet be mature against the strains in the vaccine.

Nick

Comment

Had mine - let's see - 2 weeks ago. Bring on them germs!

Since my heart attack (going on 17 years ago) the docs REALLY want me to get the shot and I have. Never had a bad reaction though I DID get the flu one year but it was one of the strains that the shot didn't cover that particular year. The CDC (I think it is) makes their best guess as to which strains are likely and sets up a formulation a few months before flu season then the stuff needs to get made and distributed. Hard to blame them if they get it wrong sometimes. All in all, for me it's been a WIN!

Dan

Comment

To get serious for about 30 seconds,I'll never forgive or forget the "medical community" for not even trying to figure out what was physically wrong with me. They didn't even try, too busy racking up bills.

Sue Unit did, she diagnosed me with some internet searches. It's a miracle. If y'all hear I'm at the doctor's office, y'all can for sure know I'm very near death. Go ahead and write my obit for me - "He went fast one time, but he was a dumbass, but he made some folks laugh." That's what I would like. Store that on record.

Comment

Being a construction worker...outside in all conditions..... One year a co-worker mentioned that he'd gotten a flu shot the previous evening. Another co-worker* decided he'd get a flu shot too. "Yep, gonna get me a flu shot. Ain't gonna be sick this year." Within three days both of them where walking dead. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew never so much as got the sniffles. No flu shots for this dog and haven't had one in so long I don't remember ever getting one. However, on the off-chance that I do get sick and it takes more than two days to get rid of, there's a bottle of whiskey in the freezer that will do the trick. It's worked before, it'll work again.

* Same guy; when I quit smoking, he decided to quit smoking also. I haven't had a cigarette in 19.5 years. He stopped smoking and started dipping. wtf? What's the purpose in that?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                  To get serious for about 30 seconds,I'll never forgive or forget the "medical community" for not even trying to figure out what was physically wrong with me. They didn't even try, too busy racking up bills.

Sue Unit did, she diagnosed me with some internet searches. It's a miracle. If y'all hear I'm at the doctor's office, y'all can for sure know I'm very near death. Go ahead and write my obit for me - "He went fast one time, but he was a dumbass, but he made some folks laugh." That's what I would like. Store that on record.
                  PM sent

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

PM sent

Dan
                    Thank you Dan. A friend as always.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                      "He went fast one time, but he was a dumbass, but he made some folks laugh." That's what I would like. Store that on record.
                      And one time, at band camp, .....

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                        Current thinking o flu shots:
                        It takes about two weeks after vaccination for the appropriate memory immune cells and antibodies to fully develop in the body and provide adequate protection. In the meantime, you are still at risk for getting the flu, as your body's defenses will not yet be mature against the strains in the vaccine.

Nick
                        Odd that years that I have forgot to get the shot I haven't got really back colds or worse, but the years I do. I get sick.
                        I'm sure the body fighting the shot itself, makes it easier for other things to get you sick.

Comment

Doctors think they're so clever. They're probably right - that the flu they inoculated you for isn't what's making you sick... but since they were screwing with your immune system (by triggering it to make antibodies for that germ), they made you more susceptible to other germs.

But no, they probably didn't make you sick with whatever they shot you for... doesn't that make you feel soooo much better?
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            Doctors think they're so clever.
                            I'll never trust a single one of them, never again. EVER. They can kiss my ass if they want to, but I won't give them the honor of exposing my ass to them for them to kiss it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              Doctors think they're so clever. They're probably right - that the flu they inoculated you for isn't what's making you sick... but since they were screwing with your immune system (by triggering it to make antibodies for that germ), they made you more susceptible to other germs.

But no, they probably didn't make you sick with whatever they shot you for... doesn't that make you feel soooo much better?
                              Correct.

Most people that get the shot assume that the mild cold they get afterwards is the flu. It's a cold. There's a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X