Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Street Buggies," 'Strip-downs", "Vette-Karts" and the Upcoming Salvage Yard Drought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

You had to go with the N50-15s to get decent height (almost 28")

Find all tire sizes for a given tire diameter (from any tire notation, 1949 & up)

I suspect if one is going to build a modern version of this sort of car and they're not aggressively back-dating it, they've got to nutzo-huge on the "skins" . . . Not donk-dub nutzo but real w-i-d-e MEATS ON THE STREETS!

The ones that he had us order were G 50s....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Oh my a nascar modified on the street, that never fly here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Oh my a nascar modified on the street, that never fly here.
        Remember one in the midwest that was titled as a 1928 Whippet IIRC.....not a modified, but a sprint car.....
        Last edited by silver_bullet; December 10, 2018, 11:34 AM.
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

The ones that he had us order were G 50s....
          Yeah, that would be a tad short . . . not unlike some of the "square" fitments of today's "rubber band' tires (at least to blurry old eyes conditioned to some "rubber rake" . . . )

Related image

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Yeah, that would be a tad short . . . not unlike some of the "square" fitments of today's "rubber band' tires (at least to blurry old eyes conditioned to some "rubber rake" . . . )

Related image
            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

my back hurts just looking at the air jacker, on the stops, buggy ride.

Comment

Yeah, it's a tad high . . . I posted it as an over-the-top example of rake.

I'm not without "sin," however . . . Back in the day, I once tapped my rear bumper of my Hi-Jacker'd muscle car on the front bumper of a stock, loop-bumpered '69 Bonneville. The bottom of my rear bumper just barely caught the top loop on the Bonneville . . . . .

The way it was . . . (similar to my mid-70s whip)

Comment

Working...
                X