Could They Sell This Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

Character witness. BS rule: don't "attack" the "insiders" or the "founders." They are above all reproach. And frenzies the BS "Citizens' Defense Counsel" types . . .

On the other hand, a $100,000-dollar six-cylinder new behemoth SUV plainly has virtually nothing to do with actual Bangshifting (unless he brought it back with the tires flat and the airbags popped after four-wheeling it on the Rubicon trail (with apologies to Gromer or Defeo, or the Brunt Bros., or whomever I plagiarized the flat-tires-bags-popped road test idea from . . . . )
    Funny, I thought the rules were don't attack ANYONE? Are message boards just places to attack each other?

On the road tests, it was pointed out along time ago that some major cities have Press Motor Pools where manufacturers make vehicles they would like to be road tested available to writers. If somebody needs something to write about they just show up there and can take their pick of what is available for a few days. On that particular day the Navigator was available, probably little else was and the latest incarnation of Eco Boost was intrigueing, even in that bloated chassis. Holy Crap, McT just did a piece on optioning out a mini van, it's the slow time of the year for motorsports, you get over a dozen blog items a day, lighten up!
    Last edited by RockJustRock; December 14, 2018, 03:20 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• VANS? @#@@#%^^

McT needs to go "test" that jet-powered Econoline . . . .

Comment

• Closest thing today - Charger R/T Scat Pack?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2015-dodge-charger-r-t-scat-pack-test-review-car-and-driver-photo-658770-s-original.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	1224500

$37k buys 485hp, a mid-12s 1/4 mile and 175mph+, and a rental car interior, for about the average price of a new vehicle in 2018.
        Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 14, 2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• That's probably the closest thing today. And the price isn't that far off, considering 50 years of inflation.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Absolutely, Bro. CAFE regulations and the bean counters are running up the prices on anything that's not commodity/appliance transportation. (READ: nearly anything that doesn't suck) The OEMs love the performance niche because it's one place where folks will spend like crazy to get "rare" and "exclusive" and something that smokes the other mopes down at the club/office/plant/bowling alley/track . . . .

Holy cow . . this is a post that actually gets back to the original theme of this weird thread . . . .
            They kinda have to, The other type vehicles are not making any profit so, the trucks and suv and performance car segments, have to take up the slack.
            That and people walk into the dealer and walk out with keys to a new vehicle. You can bet the house that if people were not buying, the truck/suv's prices would drop and they would not be able to price them that even when offering 11-12k off sticker, still making 4k.

I can't blame the oem's if people are willing to plunk that type money down, most would not sell their home for less than they can get for it. but get bent when automakers do the same thing.

Comment

Character witness. BS rule: don't "attack" the "insiders" or the "founders." They are above all reproach. And frenzies the BS "Citizens' Defense Counsel" types . . .
              And why most are now posting in evil book auto groups and not forums.
              I remember the ham fisted mods at the hot rod board. If f/b had autogroups back then, it have been a ghost town way before the reboot and placing ad loading first. slow page loading mess that finally killed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Funny, I thought the rules were don't attack ANYONE? Are message boards just places to attack each other?

!
                Do you see an opinion or different view, as an attack?
                Sorry, but the automotive world, including the hobby end would be mighty boring if we all liked the same thing, and build the same way.

The day is coming when you won't have any say in what you get to buy and drive. and It'll most likely happen swift and fast.
                At some point café regs will force 4 bangers on everyone. and if the electric car keeps going, will put the v8 i.c.e. in the history books.
                Many countries, engines bigger than 2ltr are taxed to the moon.
                Most cry over gas going up a nickel, can you think of what buyers would move to if, The state rmv, placed a high fee on tags yearly on high powered new vehicles.?
                Heck, everyone will be in tiny econobox 4 bangers, as they hate more than anything, giving the man more than they have too.
                Sadly it is coming, The epa is looking at the oem's claiming they can't meet higher regs, but are able to put on the showroom floor, trucks with 400+hp and cars with 340hp in a 4 banger. This party isn't going to last much longer.
                Last edited by Eric; December 15, 2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Perhaps the rule is, don't be a troll.

Why People Troll and How to Stop Them by Howard Fosdick January 25, 2012 Why do people troll? Can we prevent trolling or limit the damage trolls do? Here are

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post

Perhaps the rule is, don't be a troll.

Why People Troll and How to Stop Them by Howard Fosdick January 25, 2012 Why do people troll? Can we prevent trolling or limit the damage trolls do? Here are

So anyone that doesn't tow the line the same as you. they are a troll.
                    See my post on why forums are ghost towns and they move to evilbook groups.
                    The fact that the mod decided to post that snide sticky. is quite telling.
                    I will say, Thank you all for helping me, with my college thesis paper on the death of forums.

Comment

• you might want to figure why you appear to be a troll. I don't think it's intentional.

Maybe if you change your attitude, to one of looking at the good side of things, instead of the bad, you could help save forums. Using them can be quite rewarding, you know.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        So anyone that doesn't tow the line the same as you. they are a troll.
                        The fact that the mod decided to post that snide sticky. is quite telling.
                        No, members that; "don't tow the line the same as you" are just those with opposing views. Those that exhibit "troll-like" behavior are Trolls.

Yes, I posted an article as a Public Service Announcement to our members, in order to help them identify, understand and cope with disruptive behavior from others. It was ment to be general in nature and there was no inference to anyone specifically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

No, members that; "don't tow the line the same as you" are just those with opposing views. Those that exhibit "troll-like" behavior are Trolls.

Yes, I posted an article as a Public Service Announcement to our members, in order to help them identify, understand and cope with disruptive behavior from others. It was ment to be general in nature and there was no inference to anyone specifically.
                          Timing is subject.
                          just say'n
                          YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            you might want to figure why you appear to be a troll. I don't think it's intentional.

Maybe if you change your attitude, to one of looking at the good side of things, instead of the bad, you could help save forums. Using them can be quite rewarding, you know.
                            Your opinion is duly noted , but you're wrong. just trying keeping the thread(s) from die'n.
                            What I have noticed is almost every forum, anyone new is just a troll, Per the regulars.
                            Been researching this for my paper. and it seems to be common place, while researching new members on forums, covering 5 years of forums "life" span/ time frame
                            25 different forums. 7 being automotive based, The same public response tends to be the same.
                            Last edited by Eric; December 15, 2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Your opinion is duly noted , but you're wrong. just trying keeping the thread(s) from die'n.
                              What I have noticed is almost every forum, anyone new is just a troll, Per the regulars.
                              Been researching this for my paper. and it seems to be common place, while researching new members on forums, covering 5 years of forums "life" span/ time frame
                              25 different forums. 7 being automotive based, The same public response tends to be the same.
                              If everyone around you tends to be insane, you are.
                              Last edited by RockJustRock; December 15, 2018, 09:33 AM.
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• If everyone around you appears to be insane, perhaps you are.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X