No announcement yet.

Revisiting Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another problem with video games is hardware. With the faster cars you need to keep the frame rates up. When I went from a $50 video card to a $250 one it was shocking. The cars weren't actually faster, but smoother. Plus I could sense that twitchiness that develops on the edge better. Of course the three monitors I went to helped too.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      Another problem with video games is hardware. With the faster cars you need to keep the frame rates up. When I went from a $50 video card to a $250 one it was shocking. The cars weren't actually faster, but smoother. Plus I could sense that twitchiness that develops on the edge better. Of course the three monitors I went to helped too.
      I got the old box hooked up to the big TV in the living room. It takes forever to load, but it runs smooth, I haven't noticed an jerkiness. Other than the jerk holding the controller. Man, it sure is easy to wreck that car, all by yourself. And when I slow down to be more careful I get hit in the ass and knocked off of the track. In reality, it's far more brutal than real racing. Nobody would treat one another that way. They even give bonus points for causing somebody else to wreck. REPLAY.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I got the old box hooked up to the big TV in the living room. It takes forever to load, but it runs smooth, I haven't noticed an jerkiness. Other than the jerk holding the controller. Man, it sure is easy to wreck that car, all by yourself. And when I slow down to be more careful I get hit in the ass and knocked off of the track. In reality, it's far more brutal than real racing. Nobody would treat one another that way. They even give bonus points for causing somebody else to wreck. REPLAY.
        Are you playing with the standard controller? or have you pony up for a good set of wheel and pedals? totally different with same game.

Comment

There was a Ivan Stewart off road game for sale at local swap meet a few years ago. The bowling alley type with 3 steering wheels. Today I can't believe I didn't buy it?

Comment

Growing up we had a coin op bowling machine in our garage corner to corner..

Comment

There's a lot to be said for the old gameware. I wonder who here is old enough to remember Elf Bowl? That one was online and hilarious, in the Christmas spirit.

But the old stuff, I've got a 10 year-old package with 9-year software. At least back then it was about racing. and it IS, race. These days lots of games are about shooting and killing. Racing is more fun.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X