X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford quaility is job#1

Ford execs arranged kidnap and torture of union employees

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a-torture-case

Didn't Hitler escape to Argentina? Coincidence?
    Last edited by Eric; December 13, 2018, 06:07 PM.

The Guardian is fake news.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      The Guardian is fake news.
      So is cnn/msnbc.
      time will tell if it is fact or b/s. eh.

Comment

Argentina 1970s.

In all fairness, it's the only way I'd drive a Ford.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Argentina 1970s.

In all fairness, it's the only way I'd drive a Ford.
          SBG, did Freibuger steal your ride from you, or were you copying his the whole time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010403.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1224382
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

SBG, did Freibuger steal your ride from you, or were you copying his the whole time?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010403.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1224382
              D/F was editor of a 4 wheeler mag. IIRC before hitting the hotrod ranks. I'm going to ASSUME ,and you know what hell that can bring, but anything that can be thought of in 4x4 offroading. D/F has done or seen years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

you think that's the same as mine? I feel bad for you, I bet they told you your Mustang was just as good as a Camaro too. You know, if you mention this to your doctor, he'll give you a handicap placard - they certainly give them out for far less then this.. you do realize that after adding the blower, you almost have as much hp as a stock Camaro of similar vintage?

I bet Pdub is glad he was tossing rocks today....
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 14, 2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

D/F was editor of a 4 wheeler mag. IIRC before hitting the hotrod ranks. I'm going to ASSUME ,and you know what hell that can bring, but anything that can be thought of in 4x4 offroading. D/F has done or seen years ago.
                    Actually it was Peterson's 4 Wheel and Offroad
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I really like that Jeep smallest lift to adequately clear 42" inch tires , then hog out the fenders . Kills me that he bobbed a Scrambler though . I think that got him a longer wheel base than a CJ7 .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

you think that's the same as mine? I feel bad for you, I bet they told you your Mustang was just as good as a Camaro too. You know, if you mention this to your doctor, he'll give you a handicap placard - they certainly give them out for far less then this.. you do realize that after adding the blower, you almost have as much hp as a stock Camaro of similar vintage?
                        I bet Pdub is glad he was tossing rocks today....
                        I may have lost the plot here, but I thought Pdub's Mustang was a now-supercharged 3-valver built before 2009 (during the time when Chevy abandoned the Camaro market). So would there be any similar vintage Camaros?

As to splitting hairs about old Jeeps (Yawn, Zzzzzzz) , that's not exactly analogous with comparing Chevrolets to Fords . . . .

DF's vanity column in this month's HRM was OK because it set out his opinions on the four phases of a vehicle's value, which are, if memory serves:

1. New -- Do whatever . . . they'll make more . . . .
                        2. Worthless used -- Do whatever, nobody cares. . . . .
                        3. Emerging -- "You did WHAT?"
                        4. Untouchable -- Way, way too expensive to cut . . . preserve that "date-coded air" . . . Barrett-Jackson time!

Okay, that was sort of a loose paraphrase of his categories, but you get the picture.
                        He sliced and diced that . . . Yawn, Zzzzz . . . Jeepy thing when it was worthless (he claimed folks were giving 'em away) and now they're busting his hump over it because it some kind of thing now in stockish form. Whatever . . . .

As to decades old Argentina cases, how is it that any possible claimant in any U.S. Court could get past the foreseeable affirmative defenses such as statute of limitations, laches, and a that "master" is not liable for the crazy-@zz illegal intentional acts of "servants?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

DF's vanity column in this month's HRM was OK because it set out his opinions on the four phases of a vehicle's value, which are, if memory serves:

1. New -- Do whatever . . . they'll make more . . . .
                          2. Worthless used -- Do whatever, nobody cares. . . . .
                          3. Emerging -- "You did WHAT?"
                          4. Untouchable -- Way, way too expensive to cut . . . preserve that "date-coded air" . . . [I]Barrett-Jackson time!

"
                          Pdub's Mustang is 2005ish - you lost the plot, but onto the interesting bit

quick, which magazine was that list in first? Or better, did Freiburger come up with it just now, or is it something he copied from someone else back in the day? I'm pretty sure I read a Gray editorial which bemoaned the same things with 32 Fords in the 70s.

Granted, it was Drag week, and SEMA, but recycling a topic just to post your 'Jeep' at the top? Thankfully, he doesn't look at the internet anymore so this criticism is like dust in the wind.....

Comment

Pdub's Mustang is 2005ish - you lost the plot, but onto the interesting bit

quick, which magazine was that list in first? Or better, did Freiburger come up with it just now, or is it something he copied from someone else back in the day? I'm pretty sure I read a Gray editorial which bemoaned the same things with 32 Fords in the 70s.

Granted, it was Drag week, and SEMA, but recycling a topic just to post your 'Jeep' at the top? Thankfully, he doesn't look at the internet anymore so this criticism is like dust in the wind.....
                            I'm no Grumpy Jenkins, but I'm pretty sure there weren't any new Camaros in or around 2005 Goats? Yes. (Oh no, here we go again on that one) But not "similar vintage" Camaros. The F- bodies were "terminated" (Thanks John Colletti) It was all S197s for the win back then. . . .

DF's genius is repackaging and re-purposing stuff . Maybe he posted that vanity piece because they're scoring checks from FCA . . . the current custodians of the Jeep (R) brand .

The legendary Baskerville didn't carve up Paul Horning's Deuce into something that later horrified too many folks (even if the sloppy primer spots earned him a parking space outside of the Oakland Roadster Show) so maybe DF's spin is a tad different. . . . . I'm sure some in Jeep-land really are nutzo outraged over whatever that hiked-up thingie is now.

Comment

S197 with an LS for the win, otherwise it was just another broke Ford..... which brings us back full circle.

DF and genius in a sentence right next to each other. There's a whole 'nother rabbit hole....

Try this on.... my dad was excited that I was getting to meet Brian Lohnes, but didn't know who DF was.... and my dad raced an altered 37 Chevy Coupe at Lions in the late 50s and early 60s and still builds cars... he's heard the name, but I mentioned something about Freiburger and Finnegan - he knew who Finnegan was because of Blasphemi....

oh yeah, and that "Jeep".... 90s, I was wheeling the Rubicon in the 80s... just sayin' .... long wheelbase also means little to me, it's where he wheels, not where I go. Nice to know that after 12 years of sitting, he's going to wheel it again..... or not.... *shrug*
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 14, 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X