Ford quaility is job#1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

you think that's the same as mine? I feel bad for you, I bet they told you your Mustang was just as good as a Camaro too. You know, if you mention this to your doctor, he'll give you a handicap placard - they certainly give them out for far less then this.. you do realize that after adding the blower, you almost have as much hp as a stock Camaro of similar vintage?

I bet Pdub is glad he was tossing rocks today....
    Yeah, but, He tries HARD to accomplish a personal goal..... I know that he could have been a "checkbook Hot rodder" but he chose to take a car with styling that he likes, and improve the performance and reliability of it mare than most could at that stage in his life... I can only hope that more would be like him, rather than just giving up activity after retirement! I salute Pdub, and follow his stories as much as any other...
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Yeah, but, He tries HARD to accomplish a personal goal..... I know that he could have been a "checkbook Hot rodder" but he chose to take a car with styling that he likes, and improve the performance and reliability of it mare than most could at that stage in his life... I can only hope that more would be like him, rather than just giving up activity after retirement! I salute Pdub, and follow his stories as much as any other...
      you mean more people should throw rocks at SBG? et tu Brutus?

I was minding my own damn business simply pointing out what is abundantly obvious to everyone - that I don't do Fords - but then Pdub starts tossing rocks.... so fine, he wants to play, we play
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

S197 with an LS for the win, otherwise it was just another broke Ford..... which brings us back full circle.

DF and genius in a sentence right next to each other. There's a whole 'nother rabbit hole....

Try this on.... my dad was excited that I was getting to meet Brian Lohnes, but didn't know who DF was.... and my dad raced an altered 37 Chevy Coupe at Lions in the late 50s and early 60s and still builds cars... he's heard the name, but I mentioned something about Freiburger and Finnegan - he knew who Finnegan was because of Blasphemi....

oh yeah, and that "Jeep".... 90s, I was wheeling the Rubicon in the 80s... just sayin' .... long wheelbase also means little to me, it's where he wheels, not where I go. Nice to know that after 12 years of sitting, he's going to wheel it again..... or not.... *shrug*
        Problem with you're opinion of d/f and his genius or lack there of, is, he put more back in the seat and on the road, using and driving their junk, than anyone else.
        And I remember the way work in progress, or not pro built cars got treated before this new age of the hobby.
        Even if someone before him stated the same stuff, he packaged it, in a way that got the ball rolling and people in the hobby not being snobs . and much less trailer /garage queens and more, 10-50 footers that the wheels got driven off them. Hobby is much better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

The F- bodies were "terminated" (Thanks John Colletti) It was all S197s for the win back then. . . .

DF's genius is repackaging and re-purposing stuff . Maybe he posted that vanity piece because they're scoring checks from FCA . . . the current custodians of the Jeep (R) brand .

The legendary Baskerville didn't carve up Paul Horning's Deuce into something that later horrified too many folks (even if the sloppy primer spots earned him a parking space outside of the Oakland Roadster Show) so maybe DF's spin is a tad different. . . . . I'm sure some in Jeep-land really are nutzo outraged over whatever that hiked-up thingie is now.
          The killing of the Camaro and Firebird was the shot heard around the world that g.m. was in trouble . When they came out in late 2000 stating that they were all done by 2002, I knew they were in a world of hurt.

Comment

you mean more people should throw rocks at SBG? et tu Brutus?

I was minding my own damn business simply pointing out what is abundantly obvious to everyone - that I don't do Fords - but then Pdub starts tossing rocks.... so fine, he wants to play, we play
            No, that was not my intent, and you know it ... we have ALL cast our own stones... many times in regret and I believe that we should encourage a good ribbing now and then... but remember that there are limitations...

I will admit where I would have done it differently on occasion, but where I really admire the builds, is where there is a ton of diligence to accomplish what the builder wants, whether it be a Yugo, or a full on racecar! I can only hope that I haven't offended any "Snowflakes" OR "Bullies"
            Last edited by silver_bullet; December 15, 2018, 06:27 AM.
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Due to some posts in a few current threads are stretching the boundaries of decorum, a quick refresher lesson may be in order. This forum is a place for car related discussions, events, technical help, general camaraderie and FUN. We only ask that when you are visiting BangShift, that you are courteous to others and discuss the topics with positive contributions ... not saying you have to agree with other's viewpoints, but respect them - Just play nice.

No need to get involved, just report Spam and inappropriate behavior and let a Staff member handle it. Carry on ...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                The killing of the Camaro and Firebird was the shot heard around the world that g.m. was in trouble . When they came out in late 2000 stating that they were all done by 2002, I knew they were in a world of hurt.
                yet here, 16 years later, Mary is cutting lines again. After all, the 'death' of the Camaro came because the popular opinion was front-driving cars were the future. Then the CTS started selling, what's interesting is the Camaro survived the 2008/2009 bloodbath.... too bad those in charge don't listen - Tesla is hanging on by a thread because they cannot build a profitable car.... yet GM (and everyone else) is going electric.... sigh.

Comment

yet here, 16 years later, Mary is cutting lines again. After all, the 'death' of the Camaro came because the popular opinion was front-driving cars were the future. Then the CTS started selling, what's interesting is the Camaro survived the 2008/2009 bloodbath.... too bad those in charge don't listen - Tesla is hanging on by a thread because they cannot build a profitable car.... yet GM (and everyone else) is going electric.... sigh.
                  GM will try ANYTHING. Remember when they tried rotary? And that mistake blessed us with the Monza.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Part of the problem is those running the ship don't know what customers want. They think they do, And do "focus" group studies. but like a poll, you can cherry pick those that interact in that focus group.
                    G.M's CEO should have been shown the door a long time ago. but That won't happen
                    The Camaro and the mustang, are on borrowed time if they both keep the late 60's retro look. The ford is going on 15 years of the same basic 1967 fastback look, and the Camaro 9 years of the 69 look.
                    I'll take a retro 1970.5 split bumper duck spoiler please, in white with 70's p_rn red interior. and red racing stripes.

Comment

Ugh! No second gen Camaro for me, thank you. GM tried to do Euro and failed. The pony cars are doing just fine. We are just in that Cultural Gridlock. Look at how long Dodge has kept on with the same basic look on light trucks. If the Corvette seriously goes mid engine supercar I could see the ponies going front engine two seater, but otherwise they can go as is another decade.

Comment

Part of the problem is those running the ship don't know what customers want. They think they do, And do "focus" group studies. but like a poll, you can cherry pick those that interact in that focus group.
                        G.M's CEO should have been shown the door a long time ago. but That won't happen
                        The Camaro and the mustang, are on borrowed time if they both keep the late 60's retro look. The ford is going on 15 years of the same basic 1967 fastback look, and the Camaro 9 years of the 69 look.
                        I'll take a retro 1970.5 split bumper duck spoiler please, in white with 70's p_rn red interior. and red racing stripes.
                        yeah..... I want to know what happened to the chorus of support for the soon-to-be-changed Camaro nose. If they still have a job, GM has no hope.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          Ugh! No second gen Camaro for me, thank you. GM tried to do Euro and failed. The pony cars are doing just fine. We are just in that Cultural Gridlock. Look at how long Dodge has kept on with the same basic look on light trucks. If the Corvette seriously goes mid engine supercar I could see the ponies going front engine two seater, but otherwise they can go as is another decade.
                          Another decade, they are long in the tooth now. heck even the 2nd gen only went 10.5 years. 3rd gen 10years, 4th gen 10 years. you think they can go 25+ with a retro 67 mustang and20+ with a retro 69 Camaro? Good for them if they can, but I don't see it.

Comment

chevy and ford didn't keep the "retro" look for very long. But Dodge is hanging in there.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              chevy and ford didn't keep the "retro" look for very long. But Dodge is hanging in there.
                              Huuuu,?
                              they both look like the late 60's car. adding led lights to the nose didn't change the basic shape of the car.
                              That be like claiming the 1969 rs trim& hidden headlights changed the 69 Camaro body lines.
                              Last edited by Eric; December 15, 2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Another decade, they are long in the tooth now. heck even the 2nd gen only went 10.5 years. 3rd gen 10years, 4th gen 10 years. you think they can go 25+ with a retro 67 mustang and20+ with a retro 69 Camaro? Good for them if they can, but I don't see it.
                                You just ignored my example of Dodge Trucks. Pretty much the same since '94. Plus the retro styling IS what the buyer wants along with RWD. If that wasn't the case Ford would still be selling Probes. Except not to women. Women didn't want anything to do with something called Probe.
                                Last edited by RockJustRock; December 15, 2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X