Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like big trucks........I can not lie .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like big trucks........I can not lie .

I'm really wanting a big truck . I really love a big truck with a manual trans and a two speed rear end . Do I need one , no . But how much of what we have do we really need . You can buy grain trucks like this around here in good shape for $1800 . That gets you a nice cab at least if I change my mind and stick it on a half ton chassis. I do have some questions . I've noticed trucks of the same years having different wheels . Some are the standard looking wheel you see on trucks from 1 ton as llbthe way up to semi trucks . I think this is a buddy wheel and then there are some that kind of look like the grand father of the crater SS . What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two different types of wheels ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

You wanting to go all original?

Comment

Dan, that thing would fit in our driveway if you want to stop by here on your whirlwind victory tour after buying it! It'll crack the concrete even more, but that doesn't matter, it's cracked already.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I don't have much experience with those bigger trucks or wheels, but I've always wanted to build a Mack flatbed 'C' cab like Tom Daniels "Beer Wagon".

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	1225547

Comment

I've seen many people doing the C60/topkick/Kodiak trucks and like the idea.... there is one on a 1 ton 4X4 chassis that I see almost daily... as far as the wheels go, here is a good article...: http://dailydieseldose.com/dayton-or...rnal-question/
          I prefer the Dayton style wheels for the availability of options and the ability to go to 20" super single configuration
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Shep48COE View Post
            You wanting to go all original?
            I want one in good enough shape to leave it alone . I might change my mind later but for now just drive it .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              I don't have much experience with those bigger trucks or wheels, but I've always wanted to build a Mack flatbed 'C' cab like Tom Daniels "Beer Wagon".

Click image for larger version Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	1225547
              I built almost everything he designed for monogram. My favorites were the vette and quicksilver the panel two door batwing chevy wagon ( 59 or 60 ) .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                I've seen many people doing the C60/topkick/Kodiak trucks and like the idea.... there is one on a 1 ton 4X4 chassis that I see almost daily... as far as the wheels go, here is a good article...: http://dailydieseldose.com/dayton-or...rnal-question/
                I prefer the Dayton style wheels for the availability of options and the ability to go to 20" super single configuration
                I think I like the budds just in case I ever wanted to stick a drive axle in the front someday .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

That's a good idea... Army surplus deuce and a half or 5 ton axles work well... keep an eye out on cl for others abandoned projects...
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

If I do a C50 I would want a 67 - 72 . As I said , This is a great way to get a solid cab . After driving it awhile I think putting 1 ton 4x4 stuff under it and fill up the big fenders with big mud tires . Sort of like these pics only with a single cab
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

One thing I found out real quick years ago, whenever I have an idea I'd better think it over pretty good before I finally present it here. Because after that, it becomes Enabler Central. A buzzing hub of other ideas I'd never thought of before. I love BangShift! Did I ever say I love BangShift? Only just sayin.'
                      Last edited by pdub; December 24, 2018, 10:29 AM.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                        One thing I found out real quick years ago, whenever I have an idea I'd better think it over pretty good before I finally present it here. Because after that, it becomes Enabler Central. A buzzing hub of other ideas I'd never thought of before. I love BangShift! Did I ever say I love BangShift? Only just sayin.'
                        Unless asked... I will stand aside
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Really the most truck I need is a one ton cab and chassis 1 ton ( C30 ) flat bed . And if I go the common sense route I will move up to at least 1985 to maybe 92 . Living in a neighborhood......I bet my neighbors would just love the C50 parked out on the street in front of my house . Oh no ! The common sense guy feels like he may win this one . Oh well , I'll probably shop for another month .
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

As you're looking at wheels DO NOT get split rims! You'll see a separate ring where the bead goes and the ends will be visible (there will be a small gap in the ring like a huge piston ring). A lot of shops won't even mount them because they're seriously dangerous. Budds, Daytons, etc. all work fine so I wouldn't worry too much about which one of them you get but you should look for cracks, etc, especially at the lug bolt flange. They're usually OK unless the truck has been seriously overloaded. I can't remember who made the split rims.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                              Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              I built almost everything he designed for monogram. My favorites were the vette and quicksilver the panel two door batwing chevy wagon ( 59 or 60 ) .
                              Me too .. my favorites are the Red Barron and Paddy Wagon and my brother liked the Tijuana Taxi and the Dragon Wagon.

Comment

Working...
                              X