No announcement yet.

Meeting In the Middle - 1/2 Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ideas being tossed around here guys, as always. If I ever get far enough on the inside to know something I'll broadcast it here. Otherwise, I'll show up in Blytheville on a Thursday in April with a truck full of sound equipment and they'll say, "...and you are WHO? And you want to do WHAT with all of this stuff?"

I'll say, "I'm Macho Dub. Remember, we talked last year about this..." Crickets. Lots of giant mutated crickets in the soybeans there.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Joe - I disagree - you have EVERY right to have an opinion on this! You've seen more vehicles finish runs at the big end than probably anyone (well, you and Ken). Folks - Joe and our friend Ken worked shutdown at Maxton for years and did a GREAT job of it.

Dan
      Thanks for the compliments Dan. I appreciate it.

Comment

Sorry I didn't chime in sooner, Been crazy busy.

#1 1 mile classes will run on left side of runway. !/2 mile classes will run on right side on runway.
        We are currently averaging less than 50 seconds per pass. I am hoping to get under 40 seconds per pass, by alternating between left and right lanes.
        We are adding a turn out by the timing tower for the 1/2 mile side.

#2 It will not require 2 entry fees. You just change classes $25.00. You can not run in 2 classes at once.

#3 There are some exceptions to the 2009 and newer 185 mph rule. Example would be C6 Vettes are all structurally the same. But all exceptions/ waivers must be approved by me. Exceptions always hut someones feelings. I will listen to anyone's opinion, positive or negative. All I ask is that everyone treats all the volunteers and workers with respect. If you have a gripe bring it to me. If you have a compliment tell one of the volunteers or workers.

Comment

Originally posted by ECTAMile.com View Post
          Sorry I didn't chime in sooner, Been crazy busy.
          Thanks for the clarifications Steve and welcome to the forum ... I gave you an avatar until you get time to add your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Thanks for the clarifications Steve and welcome to the forum.
            That's a WOW right there! The Strupps and the Turks don't have any time for us on this forum in the big scheme of things. That's cool. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              Otherwise, I'll show up in Blytheville on a Thursday in April with a truck full of sound equipment and they'll say, "...and you are WHO? And you want to do WHAT with all of this stuff?"

I'll say, "I'm Macho Dub. Remember, we talked last year about this..." Crickets. Lots of giant mutated crickets in the soybeans there.
              Sorry, was that "Macho Dub" or "Nacho Dub":?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nacho-Libre-Costume.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.2 KB ID:	1226050

I can see you now, arriving in a Corvette, ......
              Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 30, 2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Ha, ha, ha !

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

Sorry, was that "Macho Dub" or "Nacho Dub":?
                  That dude's too tall, no resemblance to me whatsoever. I'm going to stand back about ten feet when you and Dan Stokes meet one another. Y'all are both just way too much fun. I don't know if I'll be able to stand it. You guys are better than beer and that's saying a lot coming from me.

Comment

WOW!!!!! Super-wow. I spent a long time on the phone this afternoon with Steve and CJ Strupp. CJ called me to kick it off. They want me to be sort of a social media rep for ECTA. Plus make videos and run sound for the drivers' meetings at the motel and at the track. peewee's got a JOB!!!!! They WANT me to do it!

Steve has vested the authority upon me to say, here's how it's going to go. In the staging area the 1-mile cars will be in the left lane. The 1/2 mile cars will be in the right lane. There will be an additional time trap at the half mile. The half mile racers will use the turnoff at the timing trailer. They will alternate, one after another. When a 1/2 mile car is clear of the track, a full mile car will be released. When the full mile car is on the turnoff way down there, a 1/2 mile car will be released.

This is exciting, I have something to do, something I'm gonna LOVE to do!!!!!!!!!! Right down my alley. In my wheelhouse, to put it in buzz term terms. This is GREAT! WOW, is it April yet? Man oh man, I'm grinning. Can y'all see it? Well, I'm grinning. And I need a better video camera.

Comment

Now he's the head P in charge!
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Now he's the head P in charge!
                        Not hardly. But this is gonna be fun as hell. Life-fun. WOW! It's not even started yet. This is over the top. This....wow. In my life I've never known what was going to happen next, but this one is on the "great' list. I'm giddy. I'm.......WOW. Huge fun.

Comment

So, now I need some ideas. I've been singularly stuck here on BS for years, 100.1 percent on General Discussion. Steve wants me to promote the sport on social media. I can handle the stuff at the track, but where else should I be? FaceBook. Well, I'll be able to update the ECTA FB page. From the media side of it.....I've got lots to learn.

Where else can I make some noise about ECTA? I ask because I seriously don't know. This is so new....and exciting.

Comment

Hi Pdub

In terms of social media and marketing the event, the key question is "who are you trying to attract?".

I talked to CJ in September and explained that from my perspective there are three different types of participants that can be interested in the ECTA Arkansas Mile Challenge:
                            1) Those who know who ECTA is - see Landracing.com
                            2) Those in Arkansas or nearby, who may be casually interested in taking part (local newspaper story in advance)
                            3) Those looking for a mile challenge as a step up from a 1/2 mile event - how I ended up in Arkansas in September. For those participants with late model cars, the owner forums are a good place to start (e.g. Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Challenger etc):
                            The East Coast Timing Association has confirmed their racing schedule for 2019: Aprl 26-28th June 7-9th September 27-29th The venue is Blytheville...
                            Last edited by Red_Kitty; December 30, 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Exactly the type of fuel I need Andy, Thank You Sir!

Comment

So now you need a "weekend cabin" in Ark....
                                If it is as depressed as everybody says, be cheap..
                                Or rent a house near the track for a clubhouse. Tax writeoff?

Comment

Working...
                                X