Meeting In the Middle - 1/2 Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdub View Post
    Thank you so much Dan, yeah it's a happy time over here, inside of this head.

Steve has said that I can speak for them. And if I ever get so confused about a question, I can call him. Which I will try to never do. It's a handoff. I'm super thrilled.

You can stop by the registration trailer between runs and give them $25 to change classes, full mile to half mile. Your car numbers will remain the same.
    GRAVY!!!!!! er - GROOVY!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

TWIT is an English term defined as; "a silly annoying person : FOOL".
      According to George Carlin, the English spell it FOOLE.... as in occupation FOOLE... The person they put out in front of the royalty to entertain!
      OK Pdub, I'm getting out of the funk...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My legs do, but thanks for covering my 6 !
        I was just thinking of that Macho Libre dude...ala Pdub...thinking of the chicken legs and the beard sticking out.... That's not funny...It's Freakin' HILARIOUS!!!
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

I was just thinking of that Macho Libre dude...ala Pdub...thinking of the chicken legs and the beard sticking out.... That's not funny...It's Freakin' HILARIOUS!!!
          Well, sometimes it takes some help for me to entertain folks, but as long as it happens it's "mission accomplished" as far as I'm concerned.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Oh..... I'm falling down on the job already, .I am remiss.....Dan Stokes, Andy, others......there's going to be an all-drivers' meeting that Thursday night at the motel. If you can make it to that, you're ready to run first thing Friday morning. Less waiting around. The whole thing is to reduce run time down to less than 50 seconds overall to keep the line moving. Steve had a number, I don't want to say it wrong, less than 50 seconds per run overall.

Comment

There will be staging lanes before the staging lanes. Once you get there, you can look around and know those other lanes will go before you will. So take a break, take some photos, make some friends, hit the potty, just know you'll be there for a little bit. But when your lane is next up to go, be ready. It's all about flow and order.

Comment

flow and order.
                Isn't that a TV show? Never have watched it but I'm pretty sure.

Dan

Comment

No, I think they were fish in "Finding Nemo" ....

Comment

It's only been some hours and I'm only now realizing that the learning curve will be steep. I'm not real sure that I've been paying ahead for all the years I've been here on BS but I'd like to mine you guys for knowledge and opinion if I can do so without being a real nuisance.

I checked ECTAmile.com for the first time for real content and I told CJ I'm not real pleased with the message that's sitting there on the home page. Then we got into the artistic discussion. There's going to be a lot of that, but that will be my role, they don't have enough time to focus on that. I'm serious, they're all over the map, literally, and that's my role, my intent, to take a lot of that load off of them.

Who should be the target audience on the ECTAmile.com home page? Is it spectators or racers? We want to attract both. I think both, with equal priority. As it stands right now please take a look at it and tell me what you think. To me it's spectator-driven. I would want to say bring your lawn chair OR your race car. Just stuff like that, tweaks. Again, I'm only now even barely getting wrapped up into this. I thought I'd never "work" again, but this is the most fun "work" I could ever imagine. I've got to get back into the "tuned up" mode, and it's been quite a while since I've been running on all 8.
                    Last edited by pdub; December 31, 2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

pdub! Chief Promoter / PR guru! Congrats on the new gig, but the true congrats should go to Steve and CJ for landing you! There was little to no promotions of the ECTA that I have ever seen out side of HOTROD's coverage of the Fastest Street Car. That's how I learned of Maxton (o to go back to Maxton!) Is hotrod doing that anymore did not see it on the website? If not is there another mag that would pick it up? Welcome you new role of internet Spammer! I can not get into Facebook but it seems like its the way start ups are made. Get on there and get everyone to like / share / comment. You need to ask Steve and CJ for an ad budget. I have been told you can buy ads on Facebook Cheap and you can tell them to target location, to help with spectators, I am sure facebook knows who the car guys are within 500 miles of the track. That is the pool of future racers. The other social medias that I know of are Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat. The are other car message boards, Some bigger than others some have rules about posting ads but it might be worth asking what it cost to be a site supporter then you can post more about the event with out the brass getting upset. Ones off the top of my head (HAMB, Yellowbullet, Landracing, theturboforums, then you have the brand sites Corral, LS1tech, I am sure there are others, Diesel guys, tuner guys)

Just a few things off the top of my head. There might be some PR / marking / web tech / classes at the Community College. I have heard that the real estate agents have an "E" cert they can get, might be worth looking up.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks so much Russell. More fuel ! Yep, I'll get rolling later this week. I'm waiting to hear from the webmaster, the guy who built the page. Right now I don't want to point a page that is not entirely updated.

The ad budget......that's another can of worms that I don't know about. We can promote it on the internet for free. The print media is dying (that's why I lost my career job). But as you and Dan S have both pointed out, the folks in Memphis should know about it going on. Hmmmmm.... That's part of why I'm so excited to be involved. Something brand new to figure out.

Comment

Pdub - No foolin', I can just hear you on Memphis radio being interviewed. You have the voice and we can help you with the patter (you probably already have what you need) - you can DO that! And Podcasts, etc - maybe Brian or Chadster can hook you up w/car podcast folks. Be sure to talk about how it's all the fun you can have with your clothes on.......

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Be sure to talk about how it's all the fun you can have with your clothes on.......

Dan
                            Gosh, I love you guys. More ammo. The website has GOT to be fixed first. CJ and I got into the Perfectionist discussion. She "is" and I used to be. But even still I'm not going to be given free reign to stir up the world and refer everybody to a website that I know is not exactly right.

I could send the Memphis radio station one of the Weeville Garage episodes as an "audition," and there would be a roadblock set up on the interstate - You ain't getting into this town little feller.

That's okay, I go through the woods to get to Blytheville anyhow, the moonshiner route. I ain't sayin' which roads those are.

I'm loving this. I really am. Y'all don't even know how much I'm loving this already.

Comment

U can be another Brian Lohnes!! Congratulations Pr Man.

Comment

Thanks so much Russell. More fuel ! Yep, I'll get rolling later this week. I'm waiting to hear from the webmaster, the guy who built the page. Right now I don't want to point a page that is not entirely updated.

The ad budget......that's another can of worms that I don't know about. We can promote it on the internet for free. The print media is dying (that's why I lost my career job). But as you and Dan S have both pointed out, the folks in Memphis should know about it going on. Hmmmmm.... That's part of why I'm so excited to be involved. Something brand new to figure out.
                                PM Me a flyer when you get them and I will spread the word!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X