Meeting In the Middle - 1/2 Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
    U can be another Brian Lohnes!! Congratulations Pr Man.
    Thank you so much Vic! Yep, come see us every chance y'all get and we'll do the same. Give Terri and Pnut and the horses a hug for us in the meantime.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

PM Me a flyer when you get them and I will spread the word!
      More ammo. That's something I can start work on, like NOW. Hmmmmm given artistic license..... hmmm..... wouldn't it be a coincidence if Red was the featured car on the flyer photo? HAH! They've done messed up, letting me do all of this! HAHHAhAH!!!! WOW. WhoooooHOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
        The ad budget......that's another can of worms that I don't know about. We can promote it on the internet for free.
        I know you can post for free, but how do you think facebook is rich, paid advertisements, that and selling your intermost thoughts to the highest bidder. I am assuming that your post will get seen by your friends and the friend of your friend who share it. If you pay them they will post your ad on strangers feeds. May not be necessary but might be worth a look at the cost benefit.

Oh another thought, might be worth looking at how the competion (half miles)get the word out.

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

I know you can post for free, but how do you think facebook is rich, paid advertisements, that and selling your intermost thoughts to the highest bidder. I am assuming that your post will get seen by your friends and the friend of your friend who share it. If you pay them they will post your ad on strangers feeds. May not be necessary but might be worth a look at the cost benefit.

Oh another thought, might be worth looking at how the competion (half miles)get the word out.
          Excellent! I've got to re-learn how to be in the work mindset again. It won't take long. I'm just now realizing I don't have MS WORD on this computer. I need to build a simple document and be able to convert it to .pdf.. Stuff like that. Wow, what a journey back to where I've already been. But a journey of different flavor.

Comment

Just a thought.... Is ECTA still the fastest racing east of the rockies? Fastest on pavement? If nobody has gone 350, they need to so it can be ahead of the quarter mile guys.
            Last edited by RockJustRock; January 1, 2019, 06:59 PM.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              Just a thought.... Is ECTA still the fastest racing east of the rockies? Fastest on pavement?
              Home garage built, perhaps. But that IS arguable, there's Loring.....there's other things. A great point in question.

Comment

Just a thought.... Is ECTA still the fastest racing east of the rockies? Fastest on pavement? If nobody has gone 350, they need to so it can be ahead of the quarter mile guys.
                AND it IS racing, but you're not racing against one another exactly, you're racing against that clock inside of the time trap. Great point well made, it may not be the fastest racing east of the Rockies. Thanks Rock, that's exactly what I'm looking for, I can't think of everything but I try to. That is so "right." I want to help the program as much as I can without getting fired before I ever start.

Comment

The all-drivers' meeting will be at the Blytheville Holiday Inn the Thursday before the race at (guessed to be) 8:00 p.m. Rock, I've posed your "Fastest Racing" question to the Powers That Be. In my opinion, we need to fix that. Well, delete it. But remember, I'm the junior-most member of the ECTA team. This is exciting. This is WAY cool if you're me. What a great deal.
                  Last edited by pdub; January 1, 2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

You might want to check in on Tom Bailey. He was talking about making some LSR runs in Sick Seconds 2.0. THAT will stir things up.
                    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

You might want to check in on Tom Bailey. He was talking about making some LSR runs in Sick Seconds 2.0. THAT will stir things up.
                      Ok, thanks Brother! I'm almost ready, right now I'm waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Ok, thanks Brother! I'm almost ready, right now I'm waiting.
                        I'm surprised you didn't tell them that you're Nacho Pdub. Whoever was the evil person who posted Nacho Libre (evil genius, that is), did a good thing.

You really do need a uniform and start to talking with a bad accent.....
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

You really do need to start to talking with a bad accent.....
                          He's already GOT that! (Actually, I LIKE his accent.......)

Dan

Comment

I've got the ECTA flyer ready, per Patrick's idea. And y'all better believe Red's photo is on it. It took me all day to figure out this computer and load some more software. I've sent it to CJ for approval. The first thing I ever do, I want to make sure it's right. It's coming, as soon as I hear back. Stay tuned. And buy some more printer ink, we need this thing on bulletin boards in lunch rooms and on telephone poles all over the place. GYAH this is fun already.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm surprised you didn't tell them that you're Nacho Pdub. Whoever was the evil person who posted Nacho Libre (evil genius, that is), did a good thing.

You really do need a uniform and start to talking with a bad accent.....
                              I was standing in line at the store, next up at the cash register. My Fred Flintstone flip phone went off in my pocket, nearly scared the hell out of me...nobody ever calls me. I looked in the little window on the phone- CJ Strupp. Ohhhh man, I'd better answer this one. WOW. Talk about needing a "life," well, there's one after all.

And the evil genius is Andy, "Red_Kitty." He's for sure not evil, but he's a genius alright and he's some kind of VERY fast on that race track.

Comment

So far I haven't quickly found contact info for Tom but I sent the flyer to Skinny Kid Race Cars, via a link on a story about Tom. And I sent the flyer to David Koon, the guy who did such an outstanding job with The Arkansas Times covering the September event.

Dang this is fun. Can y'all hear me grinning?

EDIT: I'm gonna spam the hell out of everybody I can think of. In my whole life I never understood spam, but now I "get it." Yeah, the shotgun effect - if one single pellet out of all them hits the target, it was worth it.
                                Last edited by pdub; January 3, 2019, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X