For the Sake of Argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Sake of Argument

Since I got run off from work after a long career, I spend most of my waking hours on the computer. It's something to do. I'm not proud of that actually.

When things go south on BS, it upsets me because I personally know nearly half of every body here, or it seems like it. I think I've met half of everybody in person. The rest of the time I'm on a news channel on the computer. I love causing trouble there, like stirring ants on a hill. Political beliefs, back and forth. I don't care WHO I make mad at me over there.

But they are all little kids in my mind. And I think they really are all little kids. It's fun. And when I make them so mad, it's way too easy to just click and do something else. In an instant. Leave them pissed off and 3 minutes later whatever I posted is buried by 50 other posts anyhow. They don't know it but that's just a sport for me.

Only to say, I sure do appreciate everyone here on BangShift. It's been a heck of a run for me, I can't thank you all enough. And it's not nearly over. No, we're not done.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'm up for a good argument as much as anyone, or more, but keep in mind that arguing only tears things down and rarely builds. Sometimes things need to be torn down or maybe "cleared out" would be a good term, but if all there is is arguing then all you got is a wasteland. Honesty, friendship, trust, mutual respect, the golden rule, all followed by productive effort are what builds. With all that, builders tend to become wealthy in all the ways, while tearer-downers tend to just whine (or argue) about their poverty to whoever will listen.

My observation. Sermon over! Happy New Year!

Comment

But you can WIN an argument. However more and more the world is learning it's possible for a winner to be hated. Pretty funny when it happens. A guy is standing there, believing he is in a position of power. Shouting "I WON". Everyone just walks away.

Winning is only relative..
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

Winning is only relative..
        I've never heard it put that way Rock. I like that a lot. Yep, the "winner" walks away but everybody won more than the folks who sat there doing nothing. I like that. Well played Sir.

Comment

Oh, look, the guy that blast newbies, a new corn hole if they don't think like him.
          post again, a thread to make sure his "peoples" still follow him.
          Might try face-book.
          O.k. going back to lurking .
          But good job, you pushed one of the few Females away because she didn't tow your line.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            I'm on a news channel on the computer. I love causing trouble there, like stirring ants on a hill. Political beliefs, back and forth. I don't care WHO I make mad at me over there. It's fun. And when I make them so mad, it's way too easy to just click and do something else. Leave them pissed off. They don't know it but that's just a sport for me.
            I've got just the thing for those that try that here ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59341.png
Views:	24
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1226174

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Is that available to the general public or only available at "Moderators Are Us?" (I think they have a secret handshake to get in, kind of like COSTCO). Don't want to be a moderator here or anywhere else but there are times when I'd pay $100 for a single squirt of that stuff.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Is that available to the general public or only available at "Moderators Are Us?" (I think they have a secret handshake to get in, kind of like COSTCO). Don't want to be a moderator here or anywhere else but there are times when I'd pay $100 for a single squirt of that stuff.

Dan
                and I thought moderators were chosen by being slowest to vacate the room....
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

HhHAhahahahahahAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT did it, that's the funniest thing I've seen this year, with only a few hours left in the year. My funny bone is not always easy to find, but you did it with surgical precision. Thank you Sir, and Happy New Year!

Comment

i dunno, i like this one better--though it may get removed
                    for being vulgar....though i DID censor it............

Name:	needit.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1226230

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                      i dunno, i like this one better--though it may get removed
                      for being vulgar....though i DID censor it............

Click image for larger version  Name:	needit.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.1 KB ID:	1226230
                      I couldn't ever get my hands on the can....
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; December 31, 2018, 07:50 PM.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                        I couldn't ever get my hands on the can....
                        Use it up before leaving the parking lot?

Comment

You're ok with my video or it didn't happen comments?

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                            You're ok with my video or it didn't happen comments?
                            Your "Remembering Module" is in fine working order RP. And if mine is working at all, I think I remember I actually had a video to back it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Use it up before leaving the parking lot?
                              No, Keeps A##holes away for up to four hours....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X