BangAir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangAir

The first 4 episodes have dropped. Here's the tl;dw - they're going to make the plane fly in 6 months ....

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

PLANE SAVERS Season 1 Episode 3. January 2nd & 3rd, 2019“First Time Seeing the DC-3!"We have only 6 months to get a WW2 Douglas DC-3 flying before it’s 75th ...

Episode 4

PLANE SAVERS Season 1 Episode 4. January 4th, 2019“Will She Ever Fly Again?"We have only 6 months to get a WW2 Douglas DC-3 flying before her 75th anniversar...

They're utterly nuts.

and let's give that context. There was a show on TV with them, but also this https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...port-1.3051177

I dunno, to me this is the making of greatness.... of course, to folks who follow rules and regulations of flying... well, you may wish to take your heart medicine before you watch.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Cool...I subscribed to watch along..

They even have their own Buffalo airways song..lol

I think the DC 3 scares me less then the Lockheed Electra they have.
    " You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffbug View Post
      Cool...I subscribed to watch along..

They even have their own Buffalo airways song..lol

I think the DC 3 scares me less then the Lockheed Electra they have.
      don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting ever fly their fine airline.... personally, I think I'd rather walk and try to reason with the polar bears.
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 7, 2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I'd rather crash and die than deal with a polar bear . I watched all 5 episodes last night . I think this one will hold my attention better than Tally Ho , I'm just not that into carpentry . I do like flying twin engines prop planes . I've been island hopping in the Caribbean in a Piper Aztec . That was a blast . The single engined piper 172 ( I think ) not so much . I kept thinking of the engine cutting out and drowning in the sea . And the generator went out on it on my very first flight . So yeah , planes . The more engines the better .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          I'd rather crash and die than deal with a polar bear . I watched all 5 episodes last night . I think this one will hold my attention better than Tally Ho , I'm just not that into carpentry . I do like flying twin engines prop planes . I've been island hopping in the Caribbean in a Piper Aztec . That was a blast . The single engined piper 172 ( I think ) not so much . I kept thinking of the engine cutting out and drowning in the sea . And the generator went out on it on my very first flight . So yeah , planes . The more engines the better .
          I think you're less likely to die with the polar bears, I used to watch their Discovery-drama and was sad to see it off air

my interests are a bit varied. I admit, though, Leo chopping off his finger did add drama
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 7, 2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Probably did it on purpose to grow the channel . Wink Wink
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I do love sail boats though . Most of what I watch on t.v. is YouTube sailing videos . MJ sailing ,Gone with the Wynns , La Vagabond , and the most recent Sailing Soulianis . But they have only just left Lake Michigan . Pulled the mast out and are motoring down the Illinois to the Mississippi. They are actually at the convergence as of the last video .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Episode 5

Episode 6

Comment

interesting show...
                  I blank in my own mind a c135 is crammed with jet engines, forced to go 550mph with 1930s airframe
                  the insulation, canon plugs, tiny toilet..
                  the roof hatch barely installed (the nav window in a kc135 killed somebody)
                  a lot of faith.
                  if that work is in montreal, I may volunteer

the prop planes are the last and first of the real engineering. today the turbine conversions are an exacting science with lots of time behind them.

My time is insane..and junked. Like the 1960s hot rods.. an enthusiast needs to make them happen
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think you're less likely to die with the polar bears, I used to watch their Discovery-drama and was sad to see it off air

my interests are a bit varied. I admit, though, Leo chopping off his finger did add drama
                    The dying part not so scary it's the how you die part. Seeing that bear coming and knowing I can't put run it would be awful .Seeing the ground coming at me not as much . I know I'm not going to have time to register the pain .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

with where they fly - you'd have the benefit of a crash PLUS being eaten by bears. If you're in a plane crash, if you're bleeding, you have even less chance.... just sayin'
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 8, 2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

you'd have the benefit of a crash PLUS being eaten by bears.
                        A GRIZZLY as that sounds ..I'd take that over crashing in the everglades and being eaten by Alligators and Crocodiles. .~Value jet

" You can sleep in your car, But you cant drive your house"

Comment

Ha! Interesting, if anybody has enough NOS spares to make it happen, it's these guys

And if you think their planes look rough, you should see all their company trucks;)

Red Deer is almost smack-dab in the middle between Edmonton & Calgary, and the Patriarch, Joe McBryan is at pretty much every automotive Swap meet in these parts. And he has a few cars, some of which are kept in Red Deer, others up north in Yellowknife.

Comment

busy as he is, wish he'd join in here...

Comment

I just now watched all the way through episode 8. In ep. 8 I couln't make out a thing Mr. Rod was saying as he drew on the whiteboard in the Board Room, but it sure looked interesting!
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X