Cop Shows on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Shows on TV

I enjoy watching LivePD, they've got the old COPS show beat by a mile because on Friday and Saturday nights it's genuinely live. There's no telling what might happen. I sure do respect our law officers and all the crap they deal with because they genuinely want to. I think the overall draw to the show is just in seeing how stupid some folks can be and how crazy they can behave. It leaves some room for comfort in the rest of us, at least we're not all of us THAT stupid. I think that's the draw, the popularity.

I love watching those K9's work, they are amazing. They are really something.

The thing that impresses me the least, those police cruisers. They'll make a U-turn and romp it, blue lights on to get somewhere in a real hurry. Those cruisers make some muffled V-8 noise in the background, but they sure don't accelerate very fast. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I also like the fact that Friday & Saturday nights are looped so I can come in whenever I want to & two hours later I have seen it all. Just like the old movie theaters. Before they had to have a half-hour promoting "future releases". Might not be live by the time that I sit down but I don't care. "Don't care" kind of being my mantra about a lot of things since I retired.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
      ...since I retired.
      Gosh, ain't it GREAT?!?!?!? I've had over a year's practice at it and I'm still learning how to enjoy it even more. Just unbelievable.

Comment

The rookie is really good, the guy from the show Castle, is the rookie.. at 40 y/o rookie cop.

Comment

If you watch British Cop shows on like Kodi you get to hear the cussin'.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I only meant....Red is not all that fast. But he could dust one of those cop cars in a sanctioned event in a controlled environment. Those cop cars are sad-slow.

Comment

But is Red comfortable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	red.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1227309

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                But is Red comfortable?
                He wouldn't be comfortable in those clothes. But maybe I should do that to him, but then he wouldn't fit in the garage. He'd have to sleep outside.

Comment

Eew.

A few years back I went to Hot August Nights in Reno NV and when we turned on the TV in the hotel room Reno 911 happened to come on, what are the chances. I'd never seen it, at first I really assumed it was some local for-real cop show. Needless to say I was not impressed with some of the officers' professionalism after a bit. I would go on to probably set the record for the slowest guy to figure out Reno 911 was not a real cop show. Because, you-know, Reno. I was in Reno and...oh, never mind. If it hadn't been for that one dude's hot pants I'd have probably taken even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                    I enjoy watching LivePD, they've got the old COPS show beat by a mile because on Friday and Saturday nights it's genuinely live. There's no telling what might happen. I sure do respect our law officers and all the crap they deal with because they genuinely want to. I think the overall draw to the show is just in seeing how stupid some folks can be and how crazy they can behave. It leaves some room for comfort in the rest of us, at least we're not all of us THAT stupid. I think that's the draw, the popularity.

I love watching those K9's work, they are amazing. They are really something.

The thing that impresses me the least, those police cruisers. They'll make a U-turn and romp it, blue lights on to get somewhere in a real hurry. Those cruisers make some muffled V-8 noise in the background, but they sure don't accelerate very fast. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

"Ed Haskell" here. Dang, pdub . . . Lured me back in.

"Live PD" is "da bomb!"

As to cop wagons being slow . . . some guy in a freakin' Ford Ranger up in Spokane held 'em off in a pursuit for nearly an hour on on episode of "Live PD"

In the 2019 Michigan State Police Prelims, the turbo Ford dominated.

The 2020 Police Interceptor Utility EcoBoost turned the fastest 0-60 mph (5.77 seconds) and 0-100 mph times (13.59 seconds) of all vehicles tested, including sedans. The EcoBoost also had the highest top speed of any vehicle tested, at 150 mph.

In the driving dynamics test, . . . The PIU EcoBoost had the fastest average lap of all vehicles tested (1:36:47)

It didn't go so well for the Chebby "Tacos" . . . . https://www.justnet.org/pdf/2019MYPo...k_639203_7.pdf

The Chevrolet Tahoe experienced transmission overheating during the vehicle dynamics testing. During the dynamics
                    testing each vehicle is driven a total of 32 timed laps, using four separate drivers, each driving an eight-lap series. The
                    temperature on September 17, 2018, ranged from 70° Fahrenheit at 9 a.m. to 88° Fahrenheit at 3:30 p.m. Both the rear
                    wheel drive and four-wheel drive Tahoes experienced partial power/protect mode issues in laps seven or eight on each
                    run for each driver. This partial power mode limited the vehicles speed and caused the final lap times to increase
                    substantially. General Motors (GM) engineers trouble shot the vehicles and believed the reason was malfunctioning
                    thermal bypass valves. These valves determine the flow of transmission fluid through the transmission oil cooler. Both
                    the rear wheel drive and four-wheel drive Tahoes were retested on October 11, 2018, after having the thermal bypass
                    valves replaced. The four-wheel drive Tahoe did not experience partial power during the retest. The rear wheel drive
                    Tahoe experienced partial power on the last lap of the third and fourth runs. The temperature on October 11, 2018,
                    remained 46° Fahrenheit throughout the testing.
                    The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department performed dynamics testing on both Tahoes on Thursday, October 25,
                    2018, in 84° Fahrenheit temperatures. The four-wheel drive Tahoe experienced the overheating and partial power mode
                    conditions in the later laps of runs three and four. GM engineers have elected not to retest the vehicles at this time until
                    they have isolated and corrected the root cause of the overheating condition.
                    This past week the Michigan State Police conducted its annual testing of police vehicles testing 12 vehicles from three automakers.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says.... This thing is HERESY!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	red.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1227309
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

But it was sorta red. Sorta a mustang. So I just sorta HAD to put it here.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          But it was sorta red. Sorta a mustang. So I just sorta HAD to put it here.
                          You have done well Grasshopper. Now, go find some frog legs to cook and eat. It'll change your perspective.

Comment

We watch Live PD too. Have you ever seen anyone you know on the show? We did! I kid you not it was our old insurance agent, Jake from State Farm. I kid you not. We're watching this car get pulled over doing 60 in a 25 mile zone. Jake was driving. So the cops pull everyone out and one of the guys in the back seat had a hand gun. Yep, Jake was pooping in his pants.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                              We watch Live PD too. Have you ever seen anyone you know on the show?
                              Not me, but Sue Unit's career was as a nurse. She spent some time working the psych ward and those "guests" would all gang up in the TV room to watch COPS every time. For that very reason, to see if they knew any of the suspects on the show. And lots of times they DID!

Comment

Working...
                              X