No announcement yet.

Cop Shows on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state get's it's money right, it just doesn't find it's way into MY pocket. If I was 35 with a career again I'd make the same decision again. I'm 64 tho. Housing prices are going crazy all over the country. I hope to get one under my feet somewhere they haven't gone crazy yet. I wish I could stay here, but I can't.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; January 15, 2019, 09:03 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Further Ken Kesey's bus..
      Not sure why it has Cali plates, he did live in Cali. a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep48COE View Post

Lip? Lol. I’m not sure we watched the same video.
        Anything other than "Yes sir," and "No sir" and "Lawyer" (e.g. arguments, justifications, idiotic and unnecessary waivers of one's Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, excuses, complaining, bargaining) is basically lip.

Of course, fake news tabloid TV edited down that video to inflame the public against the cops, but they left enough of it to show that "Tony Stewart" was arguing he ought to be allowed to race his corpulent baby mama to the hospital in his hooptie instead of SENSIBLY waiting for trained EMS personnel in a fully-equipped ambulance to safely transport her.

Arguing is "lip" (just as it was when you were talking back to your folks at age 13 . . . .) On the other hand, "Live P.D." and other cops shows wouldn't be as golden if moronic chumps didn't resist and talk back.

If you do not pull over, and make them chase you, they're going to treat it as a felony stop. How do they know you're not a bank robber, serial killer or some other dangerous felon?

COPS TOP TIP: If you're doing anything but immediately and unconditionally complying with all police commands, you're likely to have a worse day. Gotta beef? Let the judge sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Actually the big difference between COPS and Live PD is on COPS nobody ever gets away. If they do it is edited out, the whole sequence just isn't shown. On Live PD if the trail gets cold it's like "yeaaaaah, uh, we're gonna switch to another more rapidly developing story". More and more they start with in custody, look at this guy. .

"Cops" needs to adopt some of the uncertainty and spontaneity of "Live PD." Of course when "Cops" went on the air almost thirty years ago, they did not have the sorts of digital compression and cellular telephone networks that makes live digital bonded bonded video possible (For those not on the front lines of video production, each camera on "Live PD" is hooked up to a gang of cellular telephones in a bonded video arrangement which makes the broadcast quality live feed possible without any old fashioned microwave and sat truck equipment)

Enhanced HEVC Encoder over Bonded Cellular and the Public Internet. 65% Data Savings vs. H.264. 30% Data Savings vs. other HEVC. The PRO380-RA supports the best state-of-the-art H.265/HEVC hardware encoder by offering premium video quality with less data usage, and low end-to-end latency (down to 0.5 sec).

Technology change has basically made "Cops" old hat.

Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 16, 2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

As an aside, I wonder how much the "outlaw" videographers, such as 1320 Video ( http://www.1320video.com/ ) are into bonded cellular video technology? Why wait for edited "no prep" and street racing, or mess with crappy cell phone amateur video when any live event could easily be streamed live in full 1080i broadcast quality?

Why is it that TEN doesn't use bonded cellular video for multi-camera live streams of the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, Hot Rod Magazine Drag Week and other gearhead events?

(I know it boils down to $$$ and sponsorship . . . Always does,. But it seems that live coverage of most grassroots automotive events is now way behind what's technically possible)

I'd love for Chad or one of the other absentee BS management to chime in here (they won't, but it would still be fun if they did)
            Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 16, 2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Live PD has a lot of "technical difficulties". O.K. for multiple source gonzo video, not so good on a singular event. However if a wealthy barrister would fund the pilot program hardware costs I'm sure racing webcasters would be up for giving it a try. They did try conventional wireless broadband in locations without wired internet. I recall Chad talking about the Black Hole Of Bowling Green between signal drops.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
              X