• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Pdub....PM sent....
    Got it, thanks!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Do you need some sort of rear brake cooling system P-dub????Just try to think up some sort of duct to pick up cooler air with a couple of small duct fans to push air at the rear calipers/rotors... My guess is that someone here could figure what you would need, possibly from someplace like that Roush speed shop in Mooresville? I just do not have the expertise required for that custom fit mods.... I can locate a lot of the general needs, but that is far easier than putting my ideas to the web clear enough to apply....
      Most likely just needs ducks that suck air away from the platter, pulling heat away with it. as it draws cooler air to the platter. Most go for the forced feed ducting first. and the 30-90mph air flow is too much, over cooling the brakes when used with track type pads. Many non-pro hobby type cars, will do fine with ducts that use the air flow under vehicle to suck the air around the platter away. but they are a little harder to install as you'll have to fab them most of the time.

Comment

Wheel choice can make a huge difference also. Spinely wheels with thin spokes, don't help much. Alum is a heat sink, You'd be shocked at the heat the correct wheel can pull away from the platter, and the ducking keeping the brake fluid cool. hint that paste you put on the hei ign module to transfer the heat into the distributor body or the ecu in your laptop/decktop?? hint hint hint. just say'n.
        Last edited by Eric; January 16, 2019, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          hint hint hint. just say'n.
          Bear in mind that all of this discussion is after the fact. I'm done with road courses. Literally had ENOUGH fun doing it. And five times at Atlanta Motorsports Park the right rear caliper puked fluid. Going down into Turn One, I could feel it through the brake pedal. Rock hard and then oh crap it went down about an extra eight of an inch. I could feel it through my foot, that's pushing fluid out of that right rear caliper again. And get back home and the caliper seal is not blown. It never was. "Blow-by," none of us here ever figured it out.

And that's not the most extreme braking zone in America. That would be at Daytona, coming out of the trioval into the infield portion of the road course. Red didn't leak a drop there. Not a bit. A bigger mystery than Amelia Earhart.
          Last edited by pdub; January 16, 2019, 08:05 AM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Do you need some sort of rear brake cooling system P-dub????Just try to think up some sort of duct to pick up cooler air with a couple of small duct fans to push air at the rear calipers/rotors... My guess is that someone here could figure what you would need, possibly from someplace like that Roush speed shop in Mooresville? I just do not have the expertise required for that custom fit mods.... I can locate a lot of the general needs, but that is far easier than putting my ideas to the web clear enough to apply....
            Fabricating brake cooling for a track day car is super simple and relatively cheap.

If you want to go high tech with fans, stuff like Allstar Performance Inline Duct Blowers ALL13010 are cheap at Summit and other suppliers.

All you really need otherwise is a decent intake scoop, a heat-resistant hose, and a brake duct to cut up and bodge into the factory backing plate to dump air at the center of the rotor.

And some clamps and tie wraps to secure the hose so that it moves with the suspension and stays connected on the ends.

It's simple hand tool fab unless you're building a show car . . . .

Comment

Working...
            X