No announcement yet.

Frog Gigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tellin' ya, RJR - it DOES NOT taste like chicken. It tastes like frog!

Dan

Comment

Pity me. Poor me. I may die without knowing what frog tastes like. I heard it was kinda like chicken though.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I actually prefer 'gator to frog though I'll happily chow down some legs given the chance. I found out NOT to eat 'em when ME is around - they look like male ballet dancers (well, from the waist down and minus certain bits) and it freaks ME out when I eat them. Interesting that after 28 years or so I'm still learning stuff about her or maybe I knew it and forgot? There's a local restaurant that serves frog legs and I ordered them a few months back when she was with me.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          Pity me. Poor me. I may die without knowing what frog tastes like. I heard it was kinda like chicken though.
          Think chicken but fish. They are really good.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It tastes just like chicken.
            It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST EAT CHICKEN!
            HORMONES and ANTIBIOTICS!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Think chicken but fish. They are really good.
              I think it's more the texture of chicken rather than the taste. Like I said, tastes like frog.

Dan

Comment

There's a lot of food I don't eat. Lobster. I don't eat lobster. Can't get past that smell. If I'm going to eat something that smells that bad I'd better get breakfast the next morning out of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I'm tellin' ya, RJR - it DOES NOT taste like chicken. It tastes like frog!

Dan
                  That rumor was to get the boy scouts to cook it and eat it.
                  Yup, Does not taste like chicken.

Comment

There's a lot of food I don't eat. Lobster. I don't eat lobster. Can't get past that smell. If I'm going to eat something that smells that bad I'd better get breakfast the next morning out of the deal.
                    Moose. Nothing stinks worse than moose meat.

Comment

Stumbled into a place with a skillet that includes bacon wrapped shrimp a couple of years ago. Damn that's good!!! We are now regulars there.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                        Stumbled into a place with a skillet that includes bacon wrapped shrimp a couple of years ago. Damn that's good!!! We are now regulars there.
                        GYAH! That has GOT to be good. I'da never thought of doing that. Okay, that's going on the Weeville menu, very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

GYAH! That has GOT to be good. I'da never thought of doing that. Okay, that's going on the Weeville menu, very soon.
                          you like scallops, wrap in bacon on a cookie sheet and bake till golden brown.and bacon sizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

you like scallops, wrap in bacon on a cookie sheet and bake till golden brown.and bacon sizzle.
                            YUM! More menu fodder. Did I ever say I love BangShift? If I didn't, I meant to. We did scallops two days ago. Skillet at 450, salt them and pepper them and toss them in and you'd better be standing there - they're done in 1.5 minutes per side. Hurry.

Wrapping scallops in bacon in the oven, does the scallop not get done before the bacon does?

Comment

I dunno, shrimp. There's this thin dark line down the back of every shrimp. Not good stuff. Can't trust everybody selling them to get that off.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X