Frog Gigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frog Gigging

Over on another thread, 5 words or less, I reminded myself...Frog Gigging. 5 words or less, we've been honestly accused of just using that thread to boost post count. Little does anyone know, we don't care a crap about post count. Why should we? It's a great story, an ongoing saga and it lets us all know we're still in touch.

But frog gigging. Yep, been there done that. What a great sport. In the right setting, way out in the middle of nowhere on a pond, away from the world. Drinking. Yes, it's a drinking game for sure. It has to be.

It's not an urban legend, frog legs really do hop around on their own when you put them in the frying pan. And they really do taste like fishy chicken. Gigging is perhaps the most redneck fun ever, and you get to eat them after you wake up and sober up. Yeah, that's a real deal alright.

I'm thinking about another career.....frog gigging expeditions. Give the Yankees a real taste of what life is like. Hmmmmm.....first I have to buy a pond.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Also try drunken coon hunting after the bars close - - now that's redneck too
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Catfishing is another great reason to drink. Throw the stinky bait out there, tighten up the line....and sit there in the beer chair. Yep,we're fishin. Can't say we ain't. Yep.....we're fishin alright. Yesssir. What time is it? Well, who cares.

Comment

Love to fish. Was cleaning my catches by the age of 7. Especially catfish - darn good eatin' when rolled in corn meal and fried in butter or lard.

Never gigged for frog, but I did shoot some (turned them inside out). Eating is another matter - frog legs are delish!
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          Love to fish. Was cleaning my catches by the age of 7. Especially catfish - darn good eatin' when rolled in corn meal and fried in butter or lard.

Never gigged for frog, but I did shoot some (turned them inside out). Eating is another matter - frog legs are delish!
          Gigging is a total blast. 10% talent and 90% initiative. You've just got to get out there on the water after dark with a flashlight. Their eyeballs light up like tail lights on a 55 Chevy. And they are frozen by the light......GIG! Man, is that ever fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
            And they really do taste like fishy chicken.
            Personally, I've found they're a better fit to the old joke: "What do frog legs taste like?" "Well, they sort of taste like alligator."

Comment

Personally, I've found they're a better fit to the old joke: "What do frog legs taste like?" "Well, they sort of taste like alligator."
              Can't be a better fit when it ain't true.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Over on another thread, 5 words or less, I reminded myself...Frog Gigging. 5 words or less, we've been honestly accused of just using that thread to boost post count.
                You trying to boost your thread count again???
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post

You trying to boost your thread count again???
                  Yep.

Comment

I think frog legs taste like - well - frog legs. And 'gator tastes like 'gator. I don't get the allusion to chicken at all. I couldn't kill Kermit's relatives - don't have the heart for it - but I sure will eat them.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I think frog legs taste like - well - frog legs. And 'gator tastes like 'gator. I don't get the allusion to chicken at all. I couldn't kill Kermit's relatives - don't have the heart for it - but I sure will eat them.

Dan
                      Dan, I'd never recommend that anyone take up drinking if they don't do so already. But you take some already nearly abnormal folks and get them well lubricated....some great ideas will occur. Let's get into the Jon boat with these two paddles, and a flashlight, and the devil prong things on the end of a long pole, and we're going out for some frogs. Gosh I wish for a video of that, but it was dark anyhow. Pitch dark, that's what you need.
                      Last edited by pdub; January 14, 2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Alright I'll " bite ". Coon hunting yes, frog giging yes, with a gig and a 22. Catfishing yes, with a tight line, but more fun using jug's at night. Just throw them out and run down the river about a mile, park on sand bar drink and wait, or you can float with them. Also bring large caliber weapon of your choice so when you accidentally float up on that wild hog BINGO extra fun and darn good eating.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

frog gigging.. we used to to that in rhode island... where I also caught the four foot water moccasin with the southern poison.

must be a warm spot in yankee land.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I was sitting on the river bank one morning after night shift, catfishing with a guy who was on the same crew. Now, this guy was crazy. Bonafide crazy. He didn't NEED to drink. But you could count on it, maybe three beers, surely by the third one, he'd instantly turn into somebody else. Like a light switch. Even crazier.

It was just about this same time of year, it was cold. Near freezing and there we were catfishing after the last night of night shift.

He stood up and started undressing. Jacket, sweatshirt, peeling off layers. "What are you DOING?" There was a duck swimming about 50 feet away from us. Just ducking around, the Norman Rockwell classic docile scene. "I'm gonna catch that duck." What the.......He wasn't kidding. He thought he was gonna run across water and catch that duck. Now, what he was going to do with the duck if he DID catch it, we'd have to ask him.

There he went full speed. He splashed in over his head, the duck flew away and it was time to pack up and go home, with him shivering. Those old VW Bugs didn't have crap for a heater. I considered taking him to the hospital instead of taking him home.
                            Last edited by pdub; January 14, 2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

It tastes just like chicken.
                              It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken. It tastes just like chicken.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST EAT CHICKEN!
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X