No announcement yet.

Frog Gigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of this talk about frogs and shrimp and bacon and stuff is making me hungry. And I was already geared up to cook this afternoon, I'll try some of that other stuff next time.

And I finally, I said FINALLY took that new video camera out of the box and started playing with it. Unit's just shaking her head, "Like you needed ANOTHER video camera." Well, I.....ummm.....it.......I........and......ummmmm.. ...

I've already determined that it's not much good for closeups, it won't focus up really close. Maybe with the aperture on that big lens it'll be bitchen for long distance shots. I'm still trying to figure it out. But anyhow, attempt Number 1 of many I'm sure. Welcome to our kitchen.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What I've found on mine (it's a Canon) is that you have to hold it REALLY still for either close-ups or long shots - and 'tain't easy. I've pretty much decided that it has to be on a tripod to get anything other than a quick snapshot. The GoPro ain't fussy but it's a fixed focal length.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Moose. Nothing stinks worse than moose meat.
        You've never had neighbors that cook chitlins without a THOROUGH cleaning...
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Bacon wrapped shrimp. I had to do it. I mean right away, this afternoon. It sure was a lot of procedural steps. I think I didn't cook them long enough, the bacon was not really all the way done. Frankly yukky. Sue Unit declared let's not have that meal again. Cook failure. It could have been lots better, but I blew it. I'm on a losing streak in the kitchen, even the same stuff I've been cooking for years doesn't seem to turn out right the past few times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010406.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1227899

Name:	P1010407.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1227900

Comment

I'll never understand how people can eat those things.... the bacon, though, could tempt.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I'll never understand how people can eat those things.... the bacon, though, could tempt.
              There's an old Southern recipe for cooking carp. You secure the fish between two 2x4's with lag bolts. Fill in the gap between the boards with river bottom mud. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees and then throw away the fish and eat the 2x4's.

Comment

Bacon wrapped shrimp. I had to do it. I mean right away, this afternoon. It sure was a lot of procedural steps. I think I didn't cook them long enough, the bacon was not really all the way done. Frankly yukky. Sue Unit declared let's not have that meal again. Cook failure. It could have been lots better, but I blew it. I'm on a losing streak in the kitchen, even the same stuff I've been cooking for years doesn't seem to turn out right the past few times.

Name:	P1010406.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1227899

Name:	P1010407.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1227900
                DB, you got it bud I get these at Mexican restaurant only thing is they put jalapeños in shrimp before grilling.

Comment

Being allergic I have never cooked shrimp but I know they cook FAST. Wondering if you would want to partially cook the bacon (to the point that it's still flexible) then wrap the shrimp and cook the two together until the shrimp are done right. Just a thought. Experimentation is the foundation of science!

Dan

Comment

Nah, just wrap them in butter/garlic and hold together with a toothpick. Throw on the grill.

Comment

There's an old Southern recipe for cooking carp. You secure the fish between two 2x4's with lag bolts. Fill in the gap between the boards with river bottom mud. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees and then throw away the fish and eat the 2x4's.
                      If you bury the fish in enough breading, lemon and tarter sauce, then make it really hot to burn your taste buds... it's great... unless it's salmon, I have a hard time with being in the same zip code as someone who is eating that foul smelling stuff....

Comment

If you bury the fish in enough breading, lemon and tarter sauce, then make it really hot to burn your taste buds... it's great... unless it's salmon, I have a hard time with being in the same zip code as someone who is eating that foul smelling stuff....
                        Carp, when sliced sectionally with a sharp enough knife, makes for great catfish bait. Put it on the hook and throw it out there and have two or 12 more beers. And hope you don't catch anything. Catching something is such a bother, it destroys the moment.

Comment

Carp, when sliced sectionally with a sharp enough knife, makes for great catfish bait. Put it on the hook and throw it out there and have two or 12 more beers. And hope you don't catch anything. Catching something is such a bother, it destroys the moment.
                          I get this - to me if I catch something, I then have to unhook it and throw it back. If saved, then the entire spot smells like fish and that ruins the moment as well. In my survival gear, I have m80s for fishing....

Comment

Old highway to the coast thru the coast range (34) 15-35 mph curves every few feet..
                            55 Crown Vic, Oly beer, crab, smoked salmon... My 10 year old tummy says "NO WAY". Baaarf...WHACK on the head...
                            To this day, I hurry past the seafood section...

Comment

Sure, it's an old thread but I stumbled into these at the local Sam's awhile back & they're pretty damn good. Then they were gone! Turns out it was a limited time deal. We were strolling through there doing some shopping a few days ago & "They're Back"! So I snagged a dozen boxes for the freezer.

Name:	Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	1309644
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

My grandmother was from the South, and the only way she cooked carp was to soak the filets in 7-Up overnight, and then pressure cook them with fresh veggies. Between the acid in the soda pop and the pressure - the bones turned to mush, and were easy and tasty to eat. She also said she knew Indians in Oklahoma who cooked them in tinfoil soaked in butter over hot coals. My brother tried that and his family loved it.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                                X