X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Rob

Doing it all wrong since 1966

been lauhing my fat @ss off at uncle rob for a couple years now--
    "then, fill it with gasoline"............

Comment

I love his creative uses of ignition sources

Comment

That stuff must make a products liability lawyer happier than the proverbial puppy with two p . . (well you know)

And we wonder why gas cans now have all that annoying safety crap on them . . . .

Comment

He's using more than gasoline.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
            He's using more than gasoline.
            So, what IS it then? What's really wrong with the whole thing is, watching that I want to try just about half or three quarters of that myself, that would all be great fun!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              that would all be great fun!
              That's what the mummy in the burn unit said . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

That's what the mummy in the burn unit said . . . .
                boy, who pee'd in your briefs this morning?

Comment

Hey, SBG, I enjoy "Hode muy burrr an' watch dis" redneck videos just as much as the next guy, But we probably ought to warn the impressionable ones (young and . . . yes pdub . . . old alike) not to try this at home . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post
                    Hey, SBG, I enjoy "Hode muy burrr an' watch dis" redneck videos just as much as the next guy, But we probably ought to warn the impressionable ones (young and . . . yes pdub . . . old alike) not to try this at home . . . .
                    why? ain't my circus, ain't my monkeys.

to be honest, I'm waiting for the person who finally notices that those explosions are not gallons of gas worth (nor likely gasoline).... or that a gas trail goes far faster then that.... or that the gas trail would have gone to the fuel can as well.

of course, all of that belays experience - so hand wringing aside, it's all as fake as mainstream media.
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2019, 04:26 PM.

Comment

so, as someone who has some familiarity with explosions of many types.... let's talk about Uncle Rob.
                      1) the cat litter box.... fake, plastic boxes melt - yet there it is burning merrily away in a plastic box - and when he does cut back, where's the black smoke of the plastic burning?
                      2) the guitar... why, exactly, would that explode?
                      3) no matter how many times you throw bug bombs in gas.... they won't blow up.... sorry
                      4) electronics work under water and in gasoline.... you know that fuel pump in your car? yeah, not blowing up, neither is your router
                      5) hooking battery cables to a dead short.... the battery explodes, not the pail.
                      6) oh yeah, and my favorite (now), when you burn over grass... the grass doesn't come back for years. Ask me how I know this, but be prepared for stories that include "please dad, I didn't mean to burn mom's rose bushes"

Need I go further? I want people to try this at home then wonder why it's not working.... then I'll call them not smart or worse, someone who learns how to wheel on Pirate.com
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I jujst let it rest that those Kabooms are more than petrol.
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

no worse than aircraft wing pumps

how to fix pump:
                          let the residual 1000 pounds dribble onto taxi way, stick new pump in, hook wires up.

start pump.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Where are all this videos going to move to? Youtube is banning anything that might allow Darwin winners to earn their award from being so stupid to try it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Where are all this videos going to move to? Youtube is banning anything that might allow Darwin winners to earn their award from being so stupid to try it at home.
                              I'm fairly certain that guy's day job is special effects.

As for the kaboom. If I had a barely-educated guess, I'd say it's kerosene. Gasoline has a lot more volatility. Trust me on this - I tried this at home, and my dad tried this at home to be rid of bees. If it was done during video days, he'd be viral for decades... 5 gallons, mud dauber hole. *poof* 20' radius of no blackberries and no mud daubers.... no eyebrows either - what saved him was he was in his bee suit (we had honey bees at the time) and the fact that he's been bald since before I was born.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X