Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    outside of the diatribe . . . .
    Of course, if you actually posted links to some actual LAW supporting your position, maybe it would be more persuasive (I'm not talking about "persuading" your "amen corner" on the virtual bar stools "next" to you in this thread who have already pre-judged the "po-po," but actual folks who believe in the presumption of innocence, even for LEOs. ) Remember that pesky IRAC? .https://www.csun.edu/~kkd61657/brief.pdf You've got a lot of "C" but not any "R" or much "A" . . . .

The government is closed? I hadn't noticed... oh wait, I do get that delightful sense of additional freedom. In any case, I never argue for more laws.... I leave that to the ones who want the government to be re-opened.
    Mostly agree with that . . .
    Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 17, 2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

When someone posts a video as "Isn't this funny and stupid?" the opposing viewpoint "No it's not." is very hard to prove and probably unpopular as well. Some people pride themselves on debating difficult viewpoints and the resulting feeling of being an outcast. Different folks, different kinds of fun...
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

RJR, the entertainment value of the video is a separate issue from whether or not the trooper or [Remy's "Guy in the CAR" (such a poetic phrase)] was in the right.

To be clear, I was "entertained" by the video, but likely for the opposite reasons of the panel of LEO "critics" at Bangshift.com.

What is not surprising is the number of posters who hastily assume without looking up any law that the "cop" was categorically "wrong" and the "rico suave" motorist was TOTALLY in the right. That's just par for the course in today's disrespectful, individualistic culture, I guess.

Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 18, 2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

But the cop WAS wrong. Would the driver have put the video on the web if he felt any differently? Just another example of Xenophobia run rampant in the U.S. Anything that looks out of the ordinary or not like "us" must be wrong. Just a little heads up, since the 60s people EVERYWHERE, not just this forum enjoy a spirit of rebellion. People that enjoy cars WAY faster than necessary also enjoy less regulation and will push back on the regulators. However if you seek a forum of Auto enthusiasts overrun by conservatives there is always Yellow Bullet. I wonder how THEY would react to the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

To be clear, I was "entertained" by the video, but likely for the opposite reasons of the panel of LEO "critics" at Bangshift.com.

What is not surprising is the number of posters who hastily assume without looking up any law that the "cop" was categorically "wrong" and the "rico suave" motorist was TOTALLY in the right. That's just par for the course in today's disrespectful, individualistic culture, I guess.
            I do apologize, though, for not writing a complete brief on the issues. I know this may melt you a bit, but you don't matter and I only write briefs for people who matter.... most often those fall into two groups - clients and judges.... you are....oh yeah, neither - thought you caught that reference before when I explained the difference between the 10% and the brilliant jurists I have had.

but I have a question while I wait for my next entertaining story. Please do explain what it means to be "entertained" vs. just regular entertained.

I love the broad brush, too bad it's not even that good for closing arguments.

And do get your slanders right - Rico Suave is Cuban. You know, cigars, Castro, Island near Florida. You can't see Dubai from Cuba, heck, not even Pelosi can see Dubai
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 17, 2019, 03:45 PM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              But the cop WAS wrong. Would the driver have put the video on the web if he felt any differently? Just another example of Xenophobia run rampant in the U.S. Anything that looks out of the ordinary or not like "us" must be wrong. Just a little heads up, since the 60s people EVERYWHERE, not just this forum enjoy a spirit of rebellion. People that enjoy cars WAY faster than necessary also enjoy less regulation and will push back on the regulators. However if you seek a forum of Auto enthusiasts overrun by conservatives there is always Yellow Bullet. I wonder how THEY would react to the video?
              I'm guessing Mr. Contrarian had a stupid judge today.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

But the cop WAS wrong. Would the driver have put the video on the web if he felt any differently?
                R-I-G-H-T . . . Self-centered [Remy's "Guy in the CAR" (such a poetic phrase)] posts crappy crappy phone video = [Remy's "Guy in the CAR" (such a poetic phrase)] "feelz" are irrefutably correct and actual facts don't matter. Got it. Lock it in.

Hey it was "his truth," right?

As to the tired, stereotypical, presumptuous "xenophobia" point, I'd be willing to bet that even a tenth-generation American of obvious Caucasian extraction would get stopped and have to produce all of the papers regarding license, insurance, and registration if driving around in something without an apparently valid licence plate (For example, this very scenario has aired on "Live PD" several times since it has been on the air . . . it becomes most entertaining when one of those abysmally stupid "sovereign citizens" gets pinched and tries to explain why 5-0 has no "jurisdiction" over them . . . "Tell it to the JUDGE!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k ).
                A year ago at the Golden Globe awards, Oprah Winfrey spoke glowingly of speaking “your truth.” The instant I heard her say it, I felt an internal dissonance. It was
                Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 18, 2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

And do get your slanders right - Rico Suave is Cuban. You know, cigars, Castro, Island near Florida. You can't see Dubai from Cuba, heck, not even Pelosi can see Dubai
                  I was fully aware that "Rico Suave" (the song) was performed by a Latin artist (a one-hit wonder, according to some reports) and that [Remy's "Guy in the CAR (such a poetic phrase)]i (a play on words from The Kingsmen's nonsensical song "Louie Louie" (circa 1963)) is not apparently Latino, But I was merely using the phrase "rico suave" to lampoon any "rich smooth" arrogant person. I posted the "Rico Suave" video as an "entertaining" hat-tip to the long-ago faddish popularization of the phrase in the domestic vernacular.

Most certainly the average phat-bankroll Lambo pilot who takes a month of foreign vacation every year likely believes he's unbelievably rico suave . . . . At least in comparison to all us unwashed mopes who are workin' for a living. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIK3akktLU

"Entertaining" in quotes was intended to suggest both the subjective nature of entertainment in this context and as a cynical backhand to the actual entertainment value of a cry-baby selfie-police video that does not contain any real action.

Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 18, 2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Besides, who really wants to look at the burka and hijab-clad chicks in some Arab World music video?

(actually Dubai-shot music videos are fairly Western (e.g. crappy Auto-tuned singer, scantily-clad anorexic European chicks, expensive, exotic locales, forgettable beats, lousy hooks . . . . ))

Note for those who don't know anything about modern "pop" music: what is Auto-Tune? http://www.livescience.com/11046-auto-tune-work.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gateclyve Photographic View Post

R-I-G-H-T . . . Self-centered moron** (i.e. Doobie Dubai) posts crappy crappy phone video = Moron's "feez" are irrefutably correct and actual facts don't matter. Got it. Lock it in.

Hey it was "his truth," right?

As to the tired, stereotypical, presumptuous "xenophobia" point, I'd be willing to bet that even a tenth-generation American of obvious Caucasian extraction would get stopped and have to produce all of the papers regarding license, insurance, and registration if driving around in something without an apparently valid licence plate (For example, this very scenario has aired on "Live PD" several times since it has been on the air . . . it becomes most entertaining when one of those abysmally stupid "sovereign citizens" gets pinched and tries to explain why 5-0 has no "jurisdiction" over them . . . "Tell it to the JUDGE!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIcKkKID8k ).
                      I wasn't talking about the traffic stop or the video. I was talking about your somewhat bigoted comments. The same way you are judging people's reactions here.

Comment

I'm guessing Mr. Contrarian had a stupid judge today.
                        So he's HERE to Judge back.

Comment

I wasn't talking about the traffic stop or the video. I was talking about your somewhat bigoted comments. The same way you are judging people's reactions here.
                          R-I-G-H-T . . .your following text CLEARLY relates to knucklehead, old GP and not [Remy's "Guy in the CAR" (such a poetic phrase)]. . . .

But the cop WAS wrong. Would the driver have put the video on the web if he felt any differently? Just another example of Xenophobia run rampant in the U.S. Anything that looks out of the ordinary or not like "us" must be wrong.
                          Not surprised that the those who cannot prevail on the facts start playing the worn-out bigotry card. SO PREDICTABLE! And contextually appropriate considering that's what the insipid video at top is trying to do.

At least there's a couple good music videos linked to this thread . . . .
                          Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 18, 2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Comment

Thx for the tip. As the only person on here who has supported his position that "in this case, the officer was properly (and very professionally) inquiring about a suspected violation of state law" with actual citations to relevant law, that undoubtedly makes me the EVIL marked-for-death "troll." (cue music, infra)

And we wonder why critical thinking and civil debate based on actual, objective, verifiable facts are each in grotesque decline in America . . . .

Last edited by Gateclyve Photographic; January 17, 2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Critical thinking and civil debate is fine, Gateclyve. Ethnic slurs simply because you can't be bothered to type "the guy in the car" isn't. Drop that line or I'm shutting this shit down.
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X