what did you do this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what did you do this weekend?

On Saturday morning I drove across the state of North Carolina from the coast almost to Asheville to attend a pig pickin' put on a bunch of motorcycle guys from Maxton - S.N.A.R.T. Racing. This place was IN THE STICKS! Lots of fun with great folks and SUPER pig. Also, terrific venison. Lots of drinking and smoking and lying - I only participated in one of the three. Thanks guy for having a car guy like me!

Sunday, finished driving back and did nothing once I got home. Nothing is something I'm good at.

Hope y'all had a good one, too.

Dan

Comment

I took down a 40 foot maple tree in town for a guy I work with. Couldn't just drop the tree like you would in a fence row or field somewhere, so we took it down from the top. He had a company who does that give him a quote, and it was $2200. So, my brother (who burns wood for heat) and I helped him out a little by doing it for free. He gave me an old chainsaw and some money for fuel, but other than that I didn't really get anything out of it other than helping my brother heat his house and my co-worker save a couple g's. And we worked on it all day Saturday. I won't be volunteering to do that again right away-- I'm a little stiff and sore right now.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Saturday: Replaced the Alt. in the Vette and worked around the house.
        Sunday: Detailed the Wifes Black Jeep Liberty and watch a little TV.

Comment

Went to a Studebaker meet in Kinston, NC. Because of the rain, cold weather and threat of snow very few showed up, and nobody broke the Studes out for the bad weather driver. Most of us drove at least two hours. Those that did show had a good time. Lot's of BS time. It did snow on the way home and had a beautiful white yard by the time I got home. Thankfully it had been raining prior to the snow so the roads did not get bad. Watched basketball on the tube the rest of the day.
          Church Sunday morning and then I spent Sunday afternoon putting some insulation on the water lines in the garage from the new water pump and purification system. Yeh, I waited until the last minute. Then watched some football.
          19degrees when I woke up this morning! Now, for southeastern North Carolina, that's cold!

Comment

finished fabricating the side mounting plates for the '55's
            new radiator and shroud and then did a quick test fitting
            before going to Palestine to pick up some stuff
            (on Saturday)

picked up two new heavy duty belts at NAPA and
            a tubing cutter and flaring tool at Lowes in Palestine
            (on Saturday)

decided to slot the four top and bottom holes so the position of the
            ac condenser can be adjusted without loosening
            the radiator mounting bolts (on Saturday)

ordered a new mechanical fan and spacer from Summit
            Racing (on Saturday)

drilled additional holes in the radiator mounting bracket so
            that the condenser can be adjusted without having to
            loosen the radiator mounting bolts (on Sunday)

Sunday morning I cleaned up the shop and put the tools up
            while listening to a local Gospel singing on the radio.

Heated up a big pot of Zuppa Tuscana Soup and
            made a beer run and then rooted for one loosing team
            and one winning team (on Sunday afternoon)

(footnote: made a special point to email my step-son
            and thank him for the tungsten drill bits that he gave
            me last Christmas)

Comment

We took the grandkids to an indoor fun park, We worked on Kelly's 76 Monte carlo a while, Drank a few beers, I helped a buddy repair his garage door opener, drank a few beers, Watched BJ a while, and drank a few beers. Oh did I mention, I drank a few beers?

Comment

Slept till noon Saturday. Then went 4-wheeling at the farm. Back to work Saturday night-coldest night so far this winter- 4 deg. Sunday, sleep, work. (5 degrees Sunday night) Plans call for more work and sleep next 7 days. Ya. :'(

Comment

It's been stupid cold here.Since I just got called back to work I didn't have no extra cash for propane to heat the barn,so I've been here (my parents') and home (across the street) A couple buddies have stopped by to warm up/shoot the bull,but otherwise,I been playing my guitar.

Comment

spent the weekend on the forums waiting for my car to get out of the shop ...
                    :P

Comment

Saturday-Haircut, check out a few used ext.cab Z71's..Helped a buddy move his disabled Corvette(see the tales of Freezing cold, car dollies, and a clapped out '82 Collector's Edition Corvette thread for the whole sordid novel), froze my ass off.
                      Sunday-Check out a few more used trucks online, replaced fan/alt belt on son's S-10 Blazer, added coolant that he conveniently forgets to check along with everything else(and he wonders why I won't allow him to drive my Camaro)...cook dinner for family, help buddy remove nest from top of the Cross-Fire induction on Corvette. What a sad mess....plug wires are wasted, as is the harness going into the distributor. He's threatening a Performer intake and a Holley.
                      Today-sitting on ass, do some more truck shopping(want to have by spring turkey season).

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                        In between time of pain; I worked. Fun stuff. Unfortunately, more pain and less work this weekend. >
                        Why are you in pain??

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                          Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          In between time of pain; I worked. Fun stuff. Unfortunately, more pain and less work this weekend. >
                          Why are you in pain??
                          Crohn's Disease. One of God's little tests.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Saturday - I installed an Airplane Engine at Work.
                            Sunday - I washed, Buffed, Waxed, and detailed my Race Car.

Comment

Working...
                            X