No announcement yet.

Clever motivational tools... oh Pdub, a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We canceled our Airgas and Praxair accounts.... Much happier with S.J.Smith customer service....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Okay, yuck it up bozo's .. upon close examination of the part, it was determined that the damage to the line was caused by gray squirrels.
      the front end of my gmc scares them away.
      I like the little red squirrel. He can hang out in there ion the ecm and watch tv if he wants. He likes people, will run right up to your hand for a treat.

this thread was about chinese plasma with an english word? where were we..
      I am still attacking a hlaf ton truck frame with harbor fright and tractor supply, steel by home depot.

I may call it a 5 ton soon.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Can you try a non-local Airgas supplier and have them ship you the parts?
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Okay, yuck it up bozo's .. upon close examination of the part, it was determined that the damage to the line was caused by gray squirrels.
          you know, in any of the other 49 states, I'd go with that - but you're in Florida, and strange things happen there....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
            Can you try a non-local Airgas supplier and have them ship you the parts?

You mean, send a note to corporate proverbially throwing them under the bus with the request of "is there another way to order these parts?" Yeah, and they tossed me back to the very person who didn't order the parts to begin with.....

Comment

does this place have the part you need?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

it does, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm hoping Praxair can solve the issue because if I didn't have to go back to Airgas for awhile, I'd be okay with that.... but it's an Airgas-only item, at least, that's the story right now. Usually my answer to issues like this is 'simply' build it myself, but I'm not sure I can get the tungsten in the start cartridge .... so there is that.

Commercial accounts - can you imagine what a commercial account would say to this? I suspect that commercial accounts are having trouble too - they had to order in a cup for my Tweco MIG gun.... a Tweco gun.... I think a good tell of how Airgas is doing is their lack of stock - Praxair has a Miller 220 to put your hands on, Airgas doesn't.... heck, Praxair has all 3 machines in that class (ESAB and Lincoln) - Airgas .... zero.

hmmm.... I think you hit the true issue.... Airgas is struggling financially, just recently I bought tri-mix for aluminum welding and they had zero in stock - I know I'm not the only one who uses that mix because it was a boat builder (aluminum fishing boats) who suggested it.....

yet still - maybe the very root of the situation is employees who don't follow through... and for that, I'm not sure there is an answer
                  Having read a bunch of threads on this site, you've seem to have a ton of problems with vendors. more that most.
                  What would Confucius say?? You can fill that in.

Comment

You mean, send a note to corporate proverbially throwing them under the bus with the request of "is there another way to order these parts?" Yeah, and they tossed me back to the very person who didn't order the parts to begin with.....
                    Actually, I was thinking you could call another retail store and work with them. Sounds like Squirrel has you covered though.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Having read a bunch of threads on this site, you've seem to have a ton of problems with vendors. more that most.
                      What would Confucius say?? You can fill that in.
                      ah yes, siren song of the incompetent - the personal attack. first you can't read, then you can't reason.... yet there you are with an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                        It may be easy to motivate a person but you're trying to motivate a company. The way that has to be done is from within by people at the top.

You have, by pointing out to them that their service is lacking, done your part in trying to motivate the company. Now it's up to them if they wish to keep you and other customers.
                        indeed it does. I was honest in my email to them, at that point risking 'worse' customer service wasn't really risking anything because zero divided by two is still zero.

Comment

I'm an idealist. I still believe in the power of one customer, one employee ground upon nearly to the point of tears. Favorite line "What did I as a customer do wrong to deserve this s**t other than buy from the wrong company?".
                          Last edited by RockJustRock; January 22, 2019, 02:40 PM.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

ah yes, siren song of the incompetent - the personal attack. first you can't read, then you can't reason.... yet there you are with an opinion.

you tell 'im, girlfriend !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

you tell 'im, girlfriend !!!
                              I wish I was so good with the right words at the right time. To be clear: SBG rocks. I am in awe.
                              Last edited by pdub; January 22, 2019, 02:57 PM.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Good job! I KNEW there had to be a simple solution.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X