Clever motivational tools... oh Pdub, a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some are bad customers,
    Sadly businesses can't do much about them.
    Other than grin and bare it.
    "A lack of preparedness,doesn't constitute an emergency on my part" or something like that.
    My guess, they were hoping the , "oh, we forgot to order, it didn't come in, etc" would get the bad customer to find another vender.
    If they indeed sell the unit this part is for (doubt it) And are not stocking it, maybe most are not requiring the replacement of that part.
    But as seen as it is a consumable, and they are not stocking it, they are not selling the unit. at best took on in on a trade up.
    Those that service trades stock consumables of units they sell/service. Those customers can't be waiting on parts. it be like them telling a customer they don't have any gas in stock.
    Put. who knows. maybe the person that normally does the orders, did honestly forget, or hasn't been in and someone else is covering. who know. And someone had a meltdown (bad customer) and blasted the employee.
    I'm sure they'll be jumping to help you next time when they read your bashing in a google search.
    I know I would be. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; January 22, 2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Are you having fun yet "Eric?"
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

In today's business world there is really no such thing as a bad customer. Everything is so competitive every dispute is seen as an opportunity to learn from. Online shopping just intensifies it. The only personal contact is by proxy with the shipping guy or when something goes wrong. I complain over and over again to the businesses I like the best and they just keep selling to me and their service improves. If you stomp off you will never enjoy the results.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Having read a bunch of threads on this site, you've seem to have a ton of problems with vendors. more that most.
          What would Confucius say?? You can fill that in.

I figure he does pretty good considering the VOLUME of supplies/parts he buys..
          Here problems are every 8-10 deliveries.

Comment

I don't give a damn about welding, but Loren is usually pretty savvy so I started clicking around on the site he recommended. Love using filters and sorts online shopping....

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              I don't give a damn about welding, but Loren is usually pretty savvy so I started clicking around on the site he recommended. Love using filters and sorts online shopping....

https://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.c...st_order=price
              With consumables, the only way to order is if you know the part number. Otherwise you end up with a box of orphans....
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

usually you can download the instruction book for the equipment, and they are pretty good about listing part numbers for consumables. As you already know, I expect.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  usually you can download the instruction book for the equipment, and they are pretty good about listing part numbers for consumables. As you already know, I expect.
                  funny you mention that - they list the consumable for their torch, not the one Radnor (Airgas) attached to it.... which explains the orphans....

Comment

Ingrates... the lot of them.

Someone asked me how much to remove the transmission from their Jeep. I told them I'd do it for the cost of materials. They said no. Can you believe it? tannerite isn't that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Someone asked me how much to remove the transmission from their Jeep. I told them I'd do it for the cost of materials. They said no. Can you believe it? tannerite isn't that expensive.

im assuming that tannerite is kinda like c4 or semtex....

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

Oh buddy, you need to head to your local Cabelas and try this stuff out. It is AMAZING for removing Jeep transmissions.

And more specifically, you shoot it with a long rifle and the shock sets it off.
                        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 24, 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I need to remember that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59603.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1228604
                          Last edited by tedly; January 24, 2019, 11:24 AM.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

Explodes on impact. Mainly used for far targets Fools use it in bone dry woods and start forest fires...
                            I love explosions as much as anybody. Shot a propane tank at 150 yards and shrapel punched a hole in the barn wall 40 ft away.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Explodes on impact. Mainly used for far targets Fools use it in bone dry woods and start forest fires...
                              I love explosions as much as anybody. Shot a propane tank at 150 yards and shrapel punched a hole in the barn wall 40 ft away.
                              sort of.... it takes a long rifle velocity to ignite. You could play baseball with it and it won't explode.

Comment

I love to hear stories from firearm aficionados. So sophisticated. One time I sat in on a pair discussing the superiority of military grade hardware. I asked if they ever got up to LAWS rockets. They said "They suck. You can't fire them out of a car window without trashing your interior.". What good is a weapon if you can't fire it from the comfort of a vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X