Clever motivational tools... oh Pdub, a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    I love to hear stories from firearm aficionados. So sophisticated. One time I sat in on a pair discussing the superiority of military grade hardware. I asked if they ever got up to LAWS rockets. They said "They suck. You can't fire them out of a car window without trashing your interior.". What good is a weapon if you can't fire it from the comfort of a vehicle.
    hmmmm... but what if it's a leather interior?

quite frankly, the level of discussion you're speaking is well above this... we're in the animal, vegetable, mineral stage not the nuances of Semtex or C4.

Tannerite is cool because it requires gun accuracy to set it off.... is it a good explosive? don't care - it's a good response to someone who's going to waste money on a Jeep.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Worked for Tiger........
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 24, 2019, 04:50 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Worked for Tiger........
        lol... funny story time

I used to work for a homeless housing project in Seattle. My job was basically keep the residents from getting too far out of line, so read "hall monitor." I was sitting at the front desk one evening and a Jeep pulled up (this is directly across from the Seattle Courthouse) and let his passenger out. She was quite upset, apparently she'd been stiffed. She had provided 'services' and the Jeep's owner was dissatisfied with the service. So what does your reasonable hooker do when she gets stiffed? well, in this case, she steals a cane from another homeless person then commences to beat the living crap out of the Jeep. And yes, the 'cane' was a golf club.

If you want the rest of the story - we put the homeless guy up in the shelter, he said he didn't feel safe outside "tonight."
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 24, 2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Click on the blue 'play' button. I heard this several years ago and it's hilarious.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Back in the late 70's / early 80's I worked on the same crew with a guy who had an old yellow Ford pickup truck. Fenders hanging off of it. He had a gun rack in the back window of it. Instead of a rifle he kept an axe handle in the rack. Not the whole axe, just an axe handle, for the just-in-case he needed it.

Which led to a running joke about the truck and the axe handle at the paper mill, "Look, a black redneck!"

Well, he'd used that axe handle a time or two, he'd been in some trouble before.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              Back in the late 70's / early 80's I worked on the same crew with a guy who had an old yellow Ford pickup truck. Fenders hanging off of it. He had a gun rack in the back window of it. Instead of a rifle he kept an axe handle in the rack. Not the whole axe, just an axe handle, for the just-in-case he needed it.

Which led to a running joke about the truck and the axe handle at the paper mill, "Look, a black redneck!"

Well, he'd used that axe handle a time or two, he'd been in some trouble before.
              top lawyer tip. If you carry a bat in your trunk, be sure you have a baseball glove next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

top lawyer tip. If you carry a bat in your trunk, be sure you have a baseball glove next to it.
                HAHAHAHA!!!!! Yep. That guy couldn't read a tape measure. He was always asking me, where is 13/16 ? I was a hothead, in my 20's and already fed up with life and one night I'd had enough of it. My mistake. That guy was so quick with that knife in his pocket, one hand and it was out and open. And it was not even a switchblade. He had it out. Ready for business.

What I did wrong, about 4:00 in the morning on night shift, about the 100th time he asked me which mark was 13/16 ths on a tape measure, I'd had enough. I said.....my mistake....I said, "Man, you must be illiterate." That DID it, out came the knife and he was waving it. He said M F er, I can't HELP it if my mama and my daddy weren't married!"

I learned from that, but I'm not sure what I learned.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Worked for Tiger........
                  I believe that it was the chosen weapon for use by his ex wife...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

whoa, $120 and I get the parts shipped to my door in less then a week.... what is this strange thing?

Comment

Working...
                    X