what the hell is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the hell is it?

Not the thing on the right, the left.... McTaggart, beside "crack is bad" any ideas?

Doing it all wrong since 1966

looks to me like it used to be a Mustang II.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mii.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	1228260
    Last edited by squirrel; January 21, 2019, 10:43 PM.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Squirrel is correct. No doubt about it - Mustang II.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

This image helps

Name:	00G0G_jfyCMh0ZBPC_1200x900.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	1228266
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
          Squirrel is correct. No doubt about it - Mustang II.
          Bodywork is not always a respectable skill perhaps.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Not the thing on the right, the left.... McTaggart, beside "crack is bad" any ideas?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/c...799949237.html
            It is iirc, a old Toyota or, Nissan/datson.
            Saw them when My classic car was doing a show on car culture in south America.
            Last edited by Eric; January 22, 2019, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Only the second MII I've ever seen with a t-roof. How that worked with basically Pinto architecture would be a question but Ford was under some pressure in those days to give their dealers a Pontiac Trans-Am alternative, and that was all they had to work with. I wonder if the other bizarreness was some-type early body kit.

I see the corner of a '70 Barracuda poking out, behind the That-There-Clark-Is-A-RRR/VVV. Looks like he's keeping the good stuff to himself.

Comment

Mustang 2 with a body kit that was sold to people that bought the 4 cylinder model but wanted to look like they bought the King Cobra .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Only the second MII I've ever seen with a t-roof. How that worked with basically Pinto architecture would be a question but Ford was under some pressure in those days to give their dealers a Pontiac Trans-Am alternative, and that was all they had to work with. I wonder if the other bizarreness was some-type early body kit.

I see the corner of a '70 Barracuda poking out, behind the That-There-Clark-Is-A-RRR/VVV. Looks like he's keeping the good stuff to himself.
                  Ever see a t top 2nd /3rd/4th/gen t/a or the t-top g bodies a pillars after 10 years. they are cracked.
                  I don't think any of the oems did much to the bodies when they added t tops. if they did it wasn't enough.
                  they almost all leaked. and had a crease at the back of the t center strip. in the roof.
                  The t top full framed cars should've had extra body mounts added. there was no hope for the unitbody ones.
                  Last edited by Eric; January 22, 2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment

In the beginning aftermarket/sorta-OEM-supplier ASC cut the t-tops into all those cars as far as I know, after their normal trip down the assembly line and no I don't think there was much additional bracing from the factory, if any. Sketchy. The third, fourth gen F's seem to have been factory-designed for it, I've had a T/A of each, purchased at the end of their lives for purposes of parting-out and both with t-roofs, and I didn't notice any signs of problems. Yes this is the Southwest. A buddy's '85 Mustang GT purchased new during Ford's
                    "Quality is Job 1" days with a t-roof leaked water horribly from day one, repeated trips to the dealer notwithstanding, so I don't think Fox''s were designed for them either.

Comment

It is iirc, a old Toyota or, Nissan/datson. Saw them when My classic car was doing a show on car culture in south America.
                      Either they were wrong, or you are.... 'Cause that poor thing is a Mustang, or I'm the Queen of England.

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Either they were wrong, or you are.... 'Cause that poor thing is a Mustang, or I'm the Queen of England.
                        Pleased to meet you, your Majesty! But I agree - Mustang II.

Dan

Comment

I've seen that front end before, only in red...

Link at Daily Turismo.

Nose looks almost the same...

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	1228324

But it's a targa top...

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	1228325

Hey, wait, did you see something blue parked behind it?

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	1228326

Sure enough, same color, same stripes, same license plate... it's the same dude!

Comment

same hideous nose, fits either a Mustang II or a Volvo. Neat stuff!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post

yet he's selling the Cornet and keeping that 'thing' ....
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X